[Q] - HTC One softbricked, all options found have failed

Tip us?

Sidkain
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] - HTC One softbricked, all options found have failed

Hey guys,

So I wasn't paying attention while trying to restore my HTC One to stock. I ended up formatting and erasing all data on the entire phone. It has no OS now. Here's what I am ABLE to do:
  • Boot into Bootloader and Fastboot
  • Access TWRP Recovery
  • HTC Dev Lock and Re-Lock

Here's what I am UNABLE to do:
  • Sideloading ADB is unavailable due to error messages stating Unable to mount <partition> and every partition is unable to mount.
  • I have tried to mount the partitions within TWRP, this doesn't work.
  • Achieve S-Off

I just need to get the phone back to some type of working order so that I can sideload a ROM over or fastboot a fully stock zip. Can anybody help me here? I've seen very similar issues all over the forums, all of the problems they encountered could be fixed by ADB sideloading a ROM, again, I cannot access ADB sideloading.

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidkain View Post
Hey guys,

So I wasn't paying attention while trying to restore my HTC One to stock. I ended up formatting and erasing all data on the entire phone. It has no OS now. Here's what I am ABLE to do:
  • Boot into Bootloader and Fastboot
  • Access TWRP Recovery
  • HTC Dev Lock and Re-Lock

Here's what I am UNABLE to do:
  • Sideloading ADB is unavailable due to error messages stating Unable to mount <partition> and every partition is unable to mount.
  • I have tried to mount the partitions within TWRP, this doesn't work.
  • Achieve S-Off

I just need to get the phone back to some type of working order so that I can sideload a ROM over or fastboot a fully stock zip. Can anybody help me here? I've seen very similar issues all over the forums, all of the problems they encountered could be fixed by ADB sideloading a ROM, again, I cannot access ADB sideloading.
U can use a USB OTG cable. Download ARHD(or any rom of ur choice), copy it to a USB. then using the OTG cable, u can flash the rom from TWRP. Once u have a working OS, continue with the RUU process

Sidkain
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
One other note, I have downloaded two different instances of the shipped ROM for this phone. When trying to "fastboot update update.zip" on either of them, I get the following error message and a failure to update:

archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidkain View Post
One other note, I have downloaded two different instances of the shipped ROM for this phone. When trying to "fastboot update update.zip" on either of them, I get the following error message and a failure to update:

archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
archive does not contain 'android-product.txt'
error: update package has no android-info.txt or android-product.txt
start by posting a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n) and what version number of TWRP you're using

xnknown
Old
Thanks Meter 17
your probably just using an outdated twrp version, flash 2.6.3.3 and then retry sideloading

glaringradio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am in the exact same situation. Phone literally ground to a halt last night, so rebooted it and it got stuck in a boot loop. Phone isn't rooted, it wasn't unlocked at the time (it is now, since I've been trying to fix it for the past day) and I literally have no idea how to fix it. Although I think my situation is worse, I can't access anything else other than the bootloader...

I've tried RUU (which I can't do because I'm not S-Off and I'm on hboot 1.45)

I've tried just flashing a new recovery (but whenever I try to enter the recovery it gets stuck saying 'Entering Recovery' then the phone goes back into the boot loop)

Like literally the only thing I have access to is the bootloader, everything else sends it into a boot loop, hell I can't even format or flash imgs (apart from recovery imgs) without fastboot giving me an error message.

I fear the phone is completely ****ed, and this has come out of completely nowhere. Except now that I've unlocked the bootloader to try and fix it, it says TAMPERED and UNLOCKED which means I WONT GET A REPAIR...

xnknown
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaringradio View Post
I am in the exact same situation. Phone literally ground to a halt last night, so rebooted it and it got stuck in a boot loop. Phone isn't rooted, it wasn't unlocked at the time (it is now, since I've been trying to fix it for the past day) and I literally have no idea how to fix it. Although I think my situation is worse, I can't access anything else other than the bootloader...

I've tried RUU (which I can't do because I'm not S-Off and I'm on hboot 1.45)

I've tried just flashing a new recovery (but whenever I try to enter the recovery it gets stuck saying 'Entering Recovery' then the phone goes back into the boot loop)

Like literally the only thing I have access to is the bootloader, everything else sends it into a boot loop, hell I can't even format or flash imgs (apart from recovery imgs) without fastboot giving me an error message.

I fear the phone is completely ****ed, and this has come out of completely nowhere. Except now that I've unlocked the bootloader to try and fix it, it says TAMPERED and UNLOCKED which means I WONT GET A REPAIR...

have you tried to fastboot erase cache after flashing recovery

glaringradio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnknown View Post
have you tried to fastboot erase cache after flashing recovery
Yep, it still just hangs on "Entering Recovery" before rebooting and entering the boot loop again...

I'm fearing that this phone is just completely doomed now

xnknown
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaringradio View Post
Yep, it still just hangs on "Entering Recovery" before rebooting and entering the boot loop again...

I'm fearing that this phone is just completely doomed now
then you may want to try flashing an older version of twrp

glaringradio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnknown View Post
then you may want to try flashing an older version of twrp
I have tried, no matter what version I flash it still does not let me get beyond "Entering Recovery"