Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [HALP] Phone bootlooping after a few secs

OP j.weber

20th February 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 32

61 posts
Weird stuff, I have an Xperia ZL C6602 (the LAM model). I tried to install an app that required me to reboot (I don't remember which one). So I did, and my phone has since then only booted to the lockscreen, black screen when I swipe it, and then it just reboots (if I sleep it it won't wake). I tried flashing stock LATAM 4.3 FTF, wiping of course, tried SUS, tried everything. I can't enter a recovery as I never rooted and I can't root because I can't use the thing. Of course official BL unlocking is out of the question. I am out of options. Read a good deal and I couldn't find a solution so I am asking you guys, I hope you can help. I find this extremely weird and I'm not a noob (been around rooting, ROM's and stuff since 2010). What is really strange is the fact that everything I flashed booted, but I couldn't get past the lockscreen on any firmware I tried.

Thank you very much,

Julian.
20th February 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 193

1,103 posts
More
Just out of curiosity, does the behavior change if your phone is plugged into a charger?
21st February 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

61 posts
It does, I can pull down the notifications window, but nothing more. I can't even enable ADB for rooting.
21st February 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks Meter: 759

2,399 posts
More
Can you.get it.into flashmode or fastboot?

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
21st February 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #5  

1,103 posts
More
Was wondering if this was a battery issue... not sure if it's just because of what root users do to their phones, but the battery sure seems to be a weak point for this phone...

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk
21st February 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

61 posts
I can, both. But I can't to anything from fastboot because it's not BLU. I used flashmode to flash stock ROMS but none of them fixed anything.
21st February 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

61 posts
I don't really think battery would be the culprit. The phone reads the battery level just fine. It seems it is stuck in some kind of service test mode. It's annoying that the thing boots just fine but doesn't do anything. Never happened to me before.
22nd February 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #8  

1,103 posts
More
The battery issue I was referring to is mentioned many times in the thread... common symptom is that your phone will partially boot up then shut off... but if it's plugged into a power source, it will function as you would normally expect. unplug from power and poof... even if it looks like the battery is fine.

Dunno... just a wild guess.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread