[Q] DNA not turning on. What?!

25th September 2013, 04:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

110 posts
I was using my phone earlier, and everything was normal. I put it in my pocket when using my computer, but when I pulled it out to use it, the device was off. I pressed the power button. Nothing. Held the power button down. Nothing. Held the power button + volume down. Nothing, again.
The phone was fully charged three hours ago when I unplugged it, and when I plug it in now there are no lights turning on.
I'm incredible confused and a bit scared. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do?
25th September 2013, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,474

2,789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremacious

I was using my phone earlier, and everything was normal. I put it in my pocket when using my computer, but when I pulled it out to use it, the device was off. I pressed the power button. Nothing. Held the power button down. Nothing. Held the power button + volume down. Nothing, again.
The phone was fully charged three hours ago when I unplugged it, and when I plug it in now there are no lights turning on.
I'm incredible confused and a bit scared. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do?

Plug it in either to an outlet or the USB on your pc (I cant remember which) and hold the power button down until it comes back to life... Should work

What Rom and kernel are you running and are you overclocking?
25th September 2013, 06:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

Plug it in either to an outlet or the USB on your pc (I cant remember which) and hold the power button down until it comes back to life... Should work

What Rom and kernel are you running and are you overclocking?

I'm using crDroid AOSP with cpalmer's kernel. No overclock or anything. I've had it for days without any problems.
And I have it plugged it, but nothing happens when I hold power button.
26th September 2013, 06:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 154

1,087 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremacious

I'm using crDroid AOSP with cpalmer's kernel. No overclock or anything. I've had it for days without any problems.
And I have it plugged it, but nothing happens when I hold power button.

Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it if your comfortable with opening the phone it worked for someone else with this issue where the dna magically died.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th September 2013, 08:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

110 posts
I'm a little afraid to try and open it in fear of damaging it more
But I also don't think I could open it since I don't have much in terms of tools.
26th September 2013, 08:26 PM   |  #6  
Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 132

455 posts
More
Make sure you are holding the power button for at least 30 seconds. IF that doesn't work, try power and volume down for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, leave on the charger for an hour, then try again, both plugged in, and unplugged
26th September 2013, 10:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso

Make sure you are holding the power button for at least 30 seconds. IF that doesn't work, try power and volume down for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, leave on the charger for an hour, then try again, both plugged in, and unplugged

Tried all of those with no luck...
I'm upset that this even happened. What could possibly cause the battery to just go dead like this?
27th September 2013, 12:14 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 27

105 posts
Return it or get a replacement, there have been quite a few reports of battery / no power issues.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
27th September 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #9  
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 154

1,087 posts
More
Most of them just reset the battery by disconnecting it and reconnecting it. I'm sure there is a way to reset it with a combination of buttons. Maybe go call htc the support is actually really good I haven't had any bad interactions with them in the 2 instances I called. This should also be covered on the year warranty and they should replace it for free since it has not been a year yet. I would call.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th September 2013, 06:40 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

110 posts
I was able to take it to Verizon and get a replacement for free. I'll still kind of freaked out that it will happen again though...
My phone was rooted... So will Verizon know when they receive my old phone?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dna not turning on
Previous Thread Next Thread