Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Stock Rom][LB/UB] Xperia ZR 4.3 10.4.B.0.101 INDIAN Pre-Rooted Flashable Zip & Dual Recovery [Indian Variant]

Tip us?

ralf_waldo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Default [Stock Rom][LB/UB] Xperia ZR 4.3 10.4.B.0.101 INDIAN Pre-Rooted Flashable Zip & Dual Recovery [Indian Variant]

Before we begin, you must agree that I'll be not held responsible if anything goes wrong or your phone gets bricked or lightning strikes it while following this guide. You try this guide at your own risk. This guide has been personally built and tested by me on my own Xperia ZR phone and works great without any issues. Make sure you read the instructions very carefully before you start.

Hello everyone, this is a pre-rooted flashable zip containing stock 4.3 rom of build number 10.4.B.0.101 built for Xperia ZR phone user's in INDIA.

This rom is rooted. Has no bugs except Sony's official 4.3 bugs. This rom is not modified in any way and nothing has been added or deleted. This is a pure stock rom with the additional privilege of Root access & Dual Recovery.

Screenshots:

Installation Instruction
:

1)If you're not rooted on 4.3 build10.4.B.0.569 then downgrade to stock 4.1.2 and root it using Doomlord's Easy RootingToolkit and also install recovery.

2)Download the 4 files at the link below and when finished join the splitted files using the hjsplit software provided in the download link then copy C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted.zip files to your SD Card.

3)Boot into recovery and wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and choose option "Clean to install a new rom" in the recovery. Then flash the C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted.zip and the Super SU v1.93 flashable zip.

4)Power Off Phone. Do not reboot/Do not turn on the phone.

5)Flash C5502_10.4.B.0.101_Generic_INDIA.ftf file using FlashTool with "Exclude- System" marked in the checkbox before flashing it.
(Do not forget to mark the exclude "System" before flashing via FlashTool otherwise it will overwrite the zip files we just flashed above)

6)Turn on the phone and Enjoy the INDIAN variant for our Xperia ZR phone.

Download Links via Secure Storage Box

1) C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted&Dual Recovery.zip

2) C5502_10.4.B.0.101_Generic_INDIA.ftf

3) Super SU User Update v1.93 Flashable zip

4) hjsplit software - to join the split files. :)

Download Mirror via MEGA File Storage

C5502_4.3_Stock_INDIAN_Pre-Rooted.zip

C5502_10.4.B.0.569_Generic_IN.ftf

Note for Downloading Files:

When downloading from Box Secure Storage, use the Download button on the top left side of the page. It will download the entire folder in a compressed zipped file. When finished downloading, extract the zip file and use the hjsplit software to join the .001 extension files into a single flashable zip file.

If downloading from MEGA use a chrome or firefox browser. Hit the red coloured "Download to your Computer" button. Starting the download progress takes a minute or two. When the download is finished, you'll find the zip file in the default "Downloads" folder in windows. Sometimes, the file might have a ".partial" extension even when the download is completed 100%. Just change the .partial extension to ".zip" and you're good to go.

Let me know if any other problems come up.

Please Note:

# If anything goes wrong in the above steps, then flash your own .ftf file using flashtool to boot into a fresh stock rom and restart the procedure again.

# Your data will be lost. So back it up. (I recommend a fresh start from scratch)

# Do not update busybox at any cost otherwise you'll loose root and recovery privileges.

Credits

# NUT for the guide.
And all other developers on xda.

Enjoy Your Rooted Stock 4.3 INDIAN Rom... :)

Have Fun.
Regards,
Ralf Waldo Emerson.

XDA:DevDB Information
[Stock Rom][LB/UB] Xperia ZR 4.3 10.4.B.0.101 INDIAN Pre-Rooted Flashable Zip & Dual Recovery [Indian Variant] , a ROM for the Sony Xperia ZR

Contributors
ralf_waldo
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: LB/UB. Stock Rom. Rooted with recovery installed.
Based On: Stock Rom

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-21

Created 2014-02-20
Last Updated 2014-04-02
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ralf_waldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grim_ripper
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm assuming I can flash the russion stock ftf file instead while using your pre-root zip? Do I need to flash the su fix?

ralf_waldo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_ripper View Post
I'm assuming I can flash the russion stock ftf file instead while using your pre-root zip? Do I need to flash the su fix?
Yes, you can flash any ftf but make sure you exclude system. Also, NO super user fix required. Although updating the super su user to its latest version from playstore is recommended.

Have fun.

Regards,
-Ralf
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ralf_waldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grizzlyspid86
Old
(Last edited by grizzlyspid86; 22nd February 2014 at 04:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf_waldo View Post
Yes, you can flash any ftf but make sure you exclude system. Also, NO super user fix required. Although updating the super su user to its latest version from playstore is recommended.

Have fun.

Regards,
-Ralf
Sir,

Follow all your procedure, however super su is not working in my ZR. Please see attachment.

Edit - i just re-root it back in recovery and it fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-22-05-41-11.png
Views:	310
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	2593070  

ralf_waldo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyspid86 View Post
Sir,

Follow all your procedure, however super su is not working in my ZR. Please see attachment.

Edit - i just re-root it back in recovery and it fixed.
Good to know, but for information, did you wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik and choose option "Clean to install a new rom" in the recovery before flashing rom?. Also, did you flash any other zip after flashing the rom?. Did you update busybox?.

I'm using the same rom without any super su user issues.

-Ralf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralf_waldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grizzlyspid86
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Ahh damn. Forget to wipe those before flashing. Still work though. Hahaha is there any effects?

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Thanks for the rooted rom btw. Now i can use greenify for battery saving, transfer big game to external sd card. really a must app for a smartphone.

ralf_waldo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlyspid86 View Post
Ahh damn. Forget to wipe those before flashing. Still work though. Hahaha is there any effects?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Thanks for the rooted rom btw. Now i can use greenify for battery saving, transfer big game to external sd card. really a must app for a smartphone.

No effects, since the super su user app is fixed. Have fun.

-Ralf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralf_waldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jing000l
Old
Thanks Meter 8
thank you dear ralf waldo , i have a request
please strip the ftf file (exclude the system.sin from the ftf (unzip/extract ftf and repack again)
some ppl like me have some limitation on data bandwidth and data traffic
tnx in advance bro

sling-shot
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This is really heavy work and thanks for your efforts.

I am improving my knowledge slowly from the last thread onwards

1. Shall I take it the advice NOT to update BusyBox stands cancelled for this? It is not specifically mentioned unlike your previous thread hence the doubt.

2. What if Sony decides to roll-out some software update for a component such as Album? Will I be able to download and install that as usual? And about future official ROM updates by Sony say to KitKat. Will it be upgradable (even if I lose root) in place or will I have to reset the phone? I am thinking that individual software updates should work but whole system upgrade may cause problems.
Sony Xperia ZR

ralf_waldo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling-shot View Post
This is really heavy work and thanks for your efforts.

I am improving my knowledge slowly from the last thread onwards

1. Shall I take it the advice NOT to update BusyBox stands cancelled for this? It is not specifically mentioned unlike your previous thread hence the doubt.

2. What if Sony decides to roll-out some software update for a component such as Album? Will I be able to download and install that as usual? And about future official ROM updates by Sony say to KitKat. Will it be upgradable (even if I lose root) in place or will I have to reset the phone? I am thinking that individual software updates should work but whole system upgrade may cause problems.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention about busybox. Thanks for reminding.

Don't worry, you'll get all updates from sony. As I said, this rom is pure stock rom with the additional benefit of root access and recovery.

Don't know about future upgrades from sony as of yet. But yes, you'll loose root access but you can always look up on xda for my thread to root it back again.

Cheers,
Ralf

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralf_waldo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]