Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 43,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unbranding/Debranding S3 mini (i8190)

Tip us?

Carlyle_f
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default [Q] Unbranding/Debranding S3 mini (i8190)

Hi, I have a problem with changing the CSC on my Vodafone branded s3 mini. Its not that big a problem as I can use it with any other sim card. I'm from South Africa and I'm using cell c but I keep losing network, it will go away completely. Then I must reboot to get it back, but it doesn't do this if I use a vodacom sim.
Anyway, my CSC region code is XFV - Vodafone (apparently). I downloaded a XFA (All networks, I believe) ROM from sammobile, I flashed it but when it boots up it shows the Vodafone logo for like a second and then it goes to the normal Samsung boot animation. It almost looks like a glitch and my CSC is still XFV and not XFA. From all the research, I think what I need to do is unbrand/debrand my android, can anyone help me with guides for this if its possible? Or even help me change my CSC to XFA please?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
If I helped you, use the thanks button.

efaustino84
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle777 View Post
Hi, I have a problem with changing the CSC on my Vodafone branded s3 mini. Its not that big a problem as I can use it with any other sim card. I'm from South Africa and I'm using cell c but I keep losing network, it will go away completely. Then I must reboot to get it back, but it doesn't do this if I use a vodacom sim.
Anyway, my CSC region code is XFV - Vodafone (apparently). I downloaded a XFA (All networks, I believe) ROM from sammobile, I flashed it but when it boots up it shows the Vodafone logo for like a second and then it goes to the normal Samsung boot animation. It almost looks like a glitch and my CSC is still XFV and not XFA. From all the research, I think what I need to do is unbrand/debrand my android, can anyone help me with guides for this if its possible? Or even help me change my CSC to XFA please?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
look for samsung csc on google play and root the rom you have loaded
Use the search functionality before you post as the question may have already been asked

I don't need donations, all I ask for is a bit of thanks and some appreciation for my work
My Work

Carlyle_f
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
This one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kk.cscselector ? It doesn't have i8190 listed in compatibility

Sent from my U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701-A

efaustino84
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
This one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kk.cscselector ? It doesn't have i8190 listed in compatibility

yup that's the one
Use the search functionality before you post as the question may have already been asked

I don't need donations, all I ask for is a bit of thanks and some appreciation for my work
My Work
The Following User Says Thank You to efaustino84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Carlyle_f
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustino84 View Post
yup that's the one
So it will work on my i8190?

efaustino84
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
So it will work on my i8190?

yes
providing your phone is rooted

My Work