Ask a question

No registration required

Thumbs up Reverting downgrading from ICS back to GB

OP dingers01

18th September 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
I couple of months ago I bought a Sensation XE (beats) which came with ICS. My previous phone was an Incredible S but I got the sensation primarily for it's bigger screen (and on paper faster CPU but I can't say in normal use that made any difference)

However, after living with it. I found that the more I used it, the more it annoyed me:
- the vibrator didn't always work, but would sometimes work after have the phone a shock (as was described as a fix on this forum somewhere).
- mobile data after I had been using wi-fi. The G/3G/H icon was there but when you try to use an app that needs data it just waits and eventually times out complaining about no connection. Data would come back after a reboot but that soon got tedious.

My previous phone (an Incredible S) was rock solid on gingerbread but went flaky after it's ICS update (bluetooth problems mostly) so although at first I thought perhaps I had a dodgy handset, I had been wondering if the Sensation might be better back on gingerbread.

I had looked into what was involved to downgrade but it seemed like a lot of faff (I was sim-free on hboot v1.29, S-On, HTC unlocked, Rooted) but this week-end I finally decided I'd had enough and was even thinking of selling it, but decided to try gingerbread first. After about 6 hours (!) it's back on GB.

Today is Tuesday, I reverted it on Friday so it's been running for about 3 1/2 days. So far (touch wood) neither of the earlier problems have presented themselves (and no new problems have appeared).

With the HTC overlay the difference between the ICS and GB (visually) is actually very slight IMHO, ( especially since I don't use the stock launcher anyway) and other stuff like general speed of response and battery use seems no different.

So, in summary, at the mo, I think it's the best decision I ever made about this phone. If you are getting beaten up by ICS I'd recommend giving this a thought.

[This is a repost - because I originally posted in the Sensation Q&A forum by mistake..]
21st February 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
More
Hi , How are you downgrading Hboot 1.29 with S-On ? I have the same phone and been looking for a way to downgrade back to GB for a year now lol
21st February 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,208

7,291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaffman

Hi , How are you downgrading Hboot 1.29 with S-On ? I have the same phone and been looking for a way to downgrade back to GB for a year now lol

With S-ON you can't downgrade
You have to S-OFF first

Sent from my HTCSensation using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread