5,815,022 Members 39,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] RMA'ing phone, HBOOT 1.56 Locked w/ S-OFF

Tip us?

dxdisaster
Old
(Last edited by dxdisaster; 7th February 2014 at 09:21 PM.) Reason: attached image
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] RMA'ing phone, HBOOT 1.56 Locked w/ S-OFF

I'm going to RMA my One due to the camera tint issue. I RUU'd back to stock, however the bootloader is showing I'm on HBOOT 1.56 locked and S-OFF.

Does anyone know if this will be an issue for the RMA? If so, how can I go back to locked/s-on?

Just to clarify: Stock --> moonshine S-OFF --> RUU 3.05.651.6 (fail) --> RUU 3.05.651.6 (success) --> OTA 4.06.651.4 --> Now

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hboot.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	2565505  

jblaze10
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Check around the threads. Rootlinux created a boot loader masking script, that I belive will appear to be bone stock. Or pm him and ask, he is a helpful guy.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

dxdisaster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze10 View Post
Check around the threads. Rootlinux created a boot loader masking script, that I belive will appear to be bone stock. Or pm him and ask, he is a helpful guy.

I was able to fix this with "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3", now locked/s-on.

Thanks though!

luigi311
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Lol that's what I did about 2 days ago. Phone just arrived at Houston this morning . Kinda worried about how it goes though hoping they don't charge me for anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to luigi311 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jblaze10
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311 View Post
Lol that's what I did about 2 days ago. Phone just arrived at Houston this morning . Kinda worried about how it goes though hoping they don't charge me for anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well please update if it was successful. Would be nice to know if it an option!!

benny3
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,677

DONATE TO ME
If you ask me HTC should fix the camera issue with out question. I see more stock unrooted users with the problem then rooted users. HTC see's a opportunity to get out of spending money to make things right. I been a HTC user for a long time and things like this really bothers me and i may go with a different brand next time around.

thefritob
Old
Thanks Meter 1
FYI, I've done about five insurance claims/replacements and each one that was returned was rooted/rommed and I've never had any issues, I've just usually had to pay the 100(twice) or 10(three times) bucks (old phone was an evo 3d, super cheap)

Kraizk
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefritob View Post
FYI, I've done about five insurance claims/replacements and each one that was returned was rooted/rommed and I've never had any issues, I've just usually had to pay the 100(twice) or 10(three times) bucks (old phone was an evo 3d, super cheap)
An insurance fix is at your expense and covers everything from water damage to user stupidity which is why they don't care if you had a custom rom or were rooted. A warranty exchange for the camera issue is covered by HTC and the end user usually only pays shipping.
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7

thefritob
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizk View Post
An insurance fix is at your expense and covers everything from water damage to user stupidity which is why they don't care if you had a custom rom or were rooted. A warranty exchange for the camera issue is covered by HTC and the end user usually only pays shipping.
Ahh okay, I guess that makes a difference.

nwo122383
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I have this problem with mine and sent it out however due to it saying relocked on the boot loader they now want to charge me 200 to fix a hardware defect. I guess I should have done better locking it. But come on this should have been a recall and should not matter whether or not in warranty. I'm not asking to get a brand new phone just want this fixed. Will keep everyone updated as I get more updates from them.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
-Albert Einstein

Tags
ruu hboot s-off 1.56