5,599,842 Members 46,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Fuzzy camera on some texts

Tip us?
 
steptaker
Old
(Last edited by steptaker; 23rd February 2014 at 06:32 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2010
Default [Q] Fuzzy camera on some texts

Hi, I recently had to send back my HTC One because of the camera having problem with purple/reddish tint. Just recently my camera is now having problems focusing and is incredibly blurry to the point where I cannot read "small text".
I just took this recently from my text book, the text is incredibly blurry.
 



Here's another one that is clear.
 


I have tried refocusing, but it just gets blurier.
 
steptaker
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2010
Bump anyone? I heard people having problems similar, but nobody has posted photos. Should I just send this thing back again?
 
Quincux
Old
#3  
Quincux's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santiago
Try another camera app. It's look like a focusing problem. Try focusing touching the screen. In camera settings, choose macro or text mode.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
HTC Inspire 4G
HTC Sensation
ASUS Transformer TF300T
HTC One
 
steptaker
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincux View Post
Try another camera app. It's look like a focusing problem. Try focusing touching the screen. In camera settings, choose macro or text mode.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Tried all of that :/ Here's an attempt in Camera Zoom FX, which I guess is supposedly the best camera app out there. Is it possible that there's a hardware problem making it unable to focus on text?
 
 
Quincux
Old
#5  
Quincux's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Santiago
Quote:
Originally Posted by steptaker View Post
Tried all of that :/ Here's an attempt in Camera Zoom FX, which I guess is supposedly the best camera app out there. Is it possible that there's a hardware problem making it unable to focus on text?
 
You get that problem only focusing on text? May be a hardware problem if not focusing everything ..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
HTC Inspire 4G
HTC Sensation
ASUS Transformer TF300T
HTC One
 
steptaker
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincux View Post
You get that problem only focusing on text? May be a hardware problem if not focusing everything ..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
Yeah that's the weird part, maybe it's not focusing larger text (my previous picture on the whiteboard as an example) but since it's larger it's harder to notice. I'll just talk to the warranty and send it back again.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Keep Track of Everything Your Device Does with Event Logger

Regardless of their OS choice, computing power users generally share one common … more

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more