Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,186 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rooted samsung s3 stuck in boot animation through Rom Toolbox Pro

Tip us?

mcwalrath1969
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] rooted samsung s3 stuck in boot animation through Rom Toolbox Pro

I rooted my samsung for the first time Friday (worked out great). I just installed Rom Toolbox Pro & was looking through the features (I should of backed up first thing!) & decided to install a custom boot animation (big mistake!). The boot animation worked fine but even though the phone boots up & actually works, the screen is stuck in the boot animation state & will not bring up the home screen.

I've tried everything (actually learned quite a bit) using CWM to install boot animation disable zips, clear all kinds of caches, & even clear data & factory reset (lost everything). Even used odin3 to install Jelly Bean (originally ice cream sandwich 4.0.4.) & still this f$%^ing boot animation will not clear off the screen.

The phone still works to where I can answer & if I flip it on the side I can use the voice app with the home key to see half the screen (scrolling is a pain) but if I click to the home screen the dam boot animation takes over the whole screen again.

The firmware updates & zip files don't work. Is there a full android system out there to restore it or some way easy to get my home screen back. I really don't want to turn it to a brick if possible.

Thanks for all your help

IGGYVIP
Old
(Last edited by IGGYVIP; 20th February 2014 at 04:05 AM.) Reason: extras
Thanks Meter 164
Default More info about handset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwalrath1969 View Post
I rooted my samsung for the first time Friday (worked out great). I just installed Rom Toolbox Pro & was looking through the features (I should of backed up first thing!) & decided to install a custom boot animation (big mistake!). The boot animation worked fine but even though the phone boots up & actually works, the screen is stuck in the boot animation state & will not bring up the home screen.

I've tried everything (actually learned quite a bit) using CWM to install boot animation disable zips, clear all kinds of caches, & even clear data & factory reset (lost everything). Even used odin3 to install Jelly Bean (originally ice cream sandwich 4.0.4.) & still this f$%^ing boot animation will not clear off the screen.

The phone still works to where I can answer & if I flip it on the side I can use the voice app with the home key to see half the screen (scrolling is a pain) but if I click to the home screen the dam boot animation takes over the whole screen again.

The firmware updates & zip files don't work. Is there a full android system out there to restore it or some way easy to get my home screen back. I really don't want to turn it to a brick if possible.

Thanks for all your help
is it Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 or I9305 or verizon ?

try this
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbech View Post
1. If you haven’t already, you should check whether or not your phone is able to play custom bootanimations.

2. Download this bootanimation.zip, I’ve made only for testing, and place it in /data/local or /system/media folder. Or flash this with CWM: CWM_CustomBootanimation_Test.zip

3. Reboot, and if it’s still Samsung original booting sequence, it’s not enabled.

4. If you have a Samsung (touchwiz) based rom (stock), you can easily enable it with my cwm flashable zip, attached to this post.

5. Download both CWM_CustomBootanimation_Enable.zip and CWM_CustomBootanimation_Disable.zip, and place them at your internal sdcard. The reason I say you should get both, is because when trying out different animations, it can easily mess up the boot. If that happens it’s quite simple to just reboot into cwm, flash the disable zip, reboot, replace the animation with a working one, and reboot into cwm again and flash the enable zip. Should be easy for beginners.

**The test animation works for both ICS and JB**

Minimum requirements:
- CF-root with CWM
- Busybox

This has been reported working on:
[ICS]4.0.4 --> [JB]4.2.1 --> [JB]4.2.2 --> [JB]4.3
i9300, i9305, Sprint, Verizon and i747m devices.
Galaxy Note II - N7100
Galaxy Grand - i9082
And should in theory work on all other samsung android devices.

UPDATE:
made two new flashable zip files, that should work for 4.2.1.. it uses the AOSP "bootanimation"-file, that already has the "bootanimation.zip"-method implemented..
EDIT: it has been confirmed that this works for the 4.2.2 as well..

UPDATE2:
if anyone is having issues having the Anbech-folder on internal sdcard, and cant remove it, then try flash the "CWM_RemoveAnbechFolder.zip"-file from the attachments..

UPDATE3:
made 2 new flashzips:
Code:
Select Code
CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Enable.zip
CWM_CustomBootanimation_43_Disable.zip
they should work for any 4.3 sammy rom. make sure to get both files, as the disable-flashzip is handy if anything gets messed up

UPDATE4:
2 new flashzips:
Code:
Select Code
CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Enable.zip
CWM_CustomBootanimation_44_Disable.zip
let me know how they work out, as i cant test them myself
if just half of those who uses my work, would hit the thanks-button, i would be very happy
hound here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1897969
I NEED HELP WITH THIS THREAD LG E430

ALL TIME FAVOURITE DAILY OG MILESTONE GSM
Kernel OR 2ndboot 2.6.32.60-cust-gcc9164c
Rom CM9
Custom OC 1100Mhz 75Vsel

Dual Boot UBUNTU 14 / WINDOWS 7

NEED ROOT ? TRY VROOT YOUTUBE GUIDE

MY GUIDE ON HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS

DETAILS !!! *i need detailed details to help you
THERE IS A REASON THANKS BUTTON IS HERE

mcwalrath1969
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYVIP View Post
is it Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 or I9305 or verizon ?

try this

hound here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1897969
It's a Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 through GCI up in Alaska & I tried all those with no results. Thanks

IGGYVIP
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Will be on my pc in few hrs will get you guide to FULL STOCK via odin.
You can search yourself but make sure guide is for your model.

Rom CM9
Custom OC 1100Mhz 75Vsel

mcwalrath1969
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYVIP View Post
Will be on my pc in few hrs will get you guide to FULL STOCK via odin.
You can search yourself but make sure guide is for your model.
Thanks! I've looked for my full stock firmware for my model which is GT-I9300 but I'm in Alaska. The provider used international models which I don't know which to use. Will the FCC ID or SSN help?

IGGYVIP
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Thumbs up There :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwalrath1969 View Post
Thanks! I've looked for my full stock firmware for my model which is GT-I9300 but I'm in Alaska. The provider used international models which I don't know which to use. Will the FCC ID or SSN help?
FULL GUIDE TO STOCK ROM (WARRANTY STATE)

Read very carefully as this process can kill your device

Happy flashing and let us know if you got rid of this boot animation

Rom CM9
Custom OC 1100Mhz 75Vsel