APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sped up my device drastically without rooting.

OP supremekizzle

12th March 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

166 posts
If anyone is not wanting to root, but speed up your device just do what I did.

If you go into the app drawer and click the capacitive settings button, you can select the option to uninstall/disable apps. Some of the samsung and google ones are in folders within the app drawer. By disabling trip advisor, knox, news week, various Samsung apps, etc. I sped up a lot. No custom Rom or launcher needed. I actually enjoy using this thing now.
Last edited by supremekizzle; 12th March 2014 at 05:37 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to supremekizzle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #2  
Flag Des Moines, IA
Thanks Meter: 116

453 posts
More
Hmm... This is probably a dumb question, but if you can disable Knox, would you be able to avoid the issues that come along with rooting?

Have you noticed a difference in battery life?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 18

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremekizzle

If anyone is not wanting to root, but speed up your device just do what I did. If you go into the app drawer and click settings, you can disable stock apps. By disabling trip advisor, knox, news week, various Samsung apps, etc. I sped up a lot. No custom Rom or launcher needed. I actually enjoy using this thing now.

Well that's new.....nice work man
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmedmoataz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

86 posts
More
How did you disable Knox? The option is grayed out.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
12th March 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #5  
Flag Grand Rapids
Thanks Meter: 6

101 posts
More
I do not even see the stock apps. Just my stuff. What do I need to do to see them. I cannot find such an option anywhere. Thanks!

12th March 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #6  
Flag near Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 413

891 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonling

I do not even see the stock apps. Just my stuff. What do I need to do to see them. I cannot find such an option anywhere. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graewulf1

How did you disable Knox? The option is grayed out.

You open the app drawer not app manager. Knox and some of the other apps are grouped in the Samsung, Galaxy Plus and Google folders.

Once you open the app drawer touch the settings button to the left of the home button. You will then see the option uninstall/disable apps, after you click that option the apps that can be disabled or uninstalled will have a red - beside them. System apps will be disabled and non-system will be uninstalled.
Last edited by kkretch; 12th March 2014 at 05:21 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kkretch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

166 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

You open the app drawer not app manager. Knox and some of the other apps are grouped in the Samsung, Galaxy Plus and Google folders.

Once you open the app drawer touch the settings button to the left of the home button. You will then see the option uninstall/disable apps, after you click that option the apps that can be disabled or uninstalled will have a red - beside them. System apps will be disabled and non-system will be uninstalled.

This is what I did. Havent noticed a difference in battery life as this thing lasts forever as is.
12th March 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 26

321 posts
Noticed a slight improvement in battery life, maybe a tad less lag ...?
12th March 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 14

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkretch

Ahh. You need to be using touchwiz to do this. I was using nova launcher and the option was not available. Now to see if they actually stay off. Business week and a few others have kept turning themselves back on without me touching them in the past.

12th March 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 10

71 posts
nope, did not made any difference (at least significantto me) chrome still lags, touchwiz is still laggish

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread