[Q] ill paypal you 30 bucks, xperia 10 i?

Search This thread

escobk

Feb 18, 2014
so i bought an xperia x 10 off ebay but the screen is locked. is asking for an email address to unlock. i already filed a claim on ebay so that hopefully ill get my money back. is there anything i can do to wipe it out and use it?i found this thread but i get lost (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1054818) ill paypal 30 bucks to whoever can help me.

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
so i bought an xperia x 10 off ebay but the screen is locked. is asking for an email address to unlock. i already filed a claim on ebay so that hopefully ill get my money back. is there anything i can do to wipe it out and use it?i found this thread but i get lost (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1054818) ill paypal 30 bucks to whoever can help me.

Is there a lockscreen asking you to enter an email or is it asking you to setup the device for the first time and ask you to enter you own google account information? The easiest way to reset the device is to reboot the device into recovery mode by performing the following:

1. Power off the device
2. Turn the phone on while holding the back button and don't let go until you feel a vibration and can then see the recovery menu
3. Once you see the recovery menu you are in recovery mode continue to step 4
4. Use the volume rocker buttons to navigate the recovery menu (Volume up to go up a menu item, volume down to go down a menu item)
5. Navigate to the recovery menu item similar to "Wipe data/perform factory reset"
6. Use the home button to select the "Wipe data/perform a factory reset" option and wait for it to finish performing the operation.
7. After it has finished performing the operation navigate to the "Reboot system now" option and use the home button to select it
8. The device should now reboot and once it starts up the device should be wiped and you should be presented with the Android Setup Wizard where you can setup the device

By all means let me know if you still have questions. I'm always happy to help people out.

Reactions: escobk

escobk

Feb 18, 2014
yeah i tried that sooo many times but the damn phone just doesn't go into recovery phone.

wyklocnik

Jun 14, 2013
hard reset? power it off, then press and hold left and right button under display and while holding them press the power button. follow onscreen instructions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Is there a lockscreen asking you to enter an email or is it asking you to setup the device for the first time and ask you to enter you own google account information? The easiest way to reset the device is to reboot the device into recovery mode by performing the following:

1. Power off the device
    2. Turn the phone on while holding the back button and don't let go until you feel a vibration and can then see the recovery menu
    3. Once you see the recovery menu you are in recovery mode continue to step 4
    4. Use the volume rocker buttons to navigate the recovery menu (Volume up to go up a menu item, volume down to go down a menu item)
    5. Navigate to the recovery menu item similar to "Wipe data/perform factory reset"
    6. Use the home button to select the "Wipe data/perform a factory reset" option and wait for it to finish performing the operation.
    7. After it has finished performing the operation navigate to the "Reboot system now" option and use the home button to select it
    8. The device should now reboot and once it starts up the device should be wiped and you should be presented with the Android Setup Wizard where you can setup the device

By all means let me know if you still have questions. I'm always happy to help people out.