Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My Htc rezound dont start after custom rom.

Tip us?

derileec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] My Htc rezound dont start after custom rom.

Hi all my first post

Im from Sweden 27 years and a total noob @ android and custom roms :/
Well i have this phone HTC rezound and ill found it in my dumpster today.

Did not start because no battery so after 4 hours load it went on i'm very happy.
Did not accept my sim card (Sweden) So i thinked oo well lets install custom rom.

It had something called clockwork pre installed & superuser ..+++much more i wanted a fresh install.

i put over ev_vigor-4.0.0b1-20140128-kitkat all went fine after it said install update..there was a map called update i ok i went then "error"
i eas **** no? Rly? well did a rs bam only load to htc screen then nothing .....plz help me

derileec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by derileec View Post
Hi all my first post

Im from Sweden 27 years and a total noob @ android and custom roms :/
Well i have this phone HTC rezound and ill found it in my dumpster today.

Did not start because no battery so after 4 hours load it went on i'm very happy.
Did not accept my sim card (Sweden) So i thinked oo well lets install custom rom.

It had something called clockwork pre installed & superuser ..+++much more i wanted a fresh install.

i put over ev_vigor-4.0.0b1-20140128-kitkat all went fine after it said install update..there was a map called update i ok i went then "error"
i eas **** no? Rly? well did a rs bam only load to htc screen then nothing .....plz help me
plz help me RESCUE MODE

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
plz help me RESCUE MODE
is the phone s-on?
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

derileec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
is the phone s-on?
How do i know that?
I found this phone in a dumpster

seams like on button is broken :/ phone random switch on :/ and only when phone wants

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
How do i know that?
I found this phone in a dumpster

seams like on button is broken :/ phone random switch on :/ and only when phone wants
i was gonna say pull battery and place it back in and then at the same time hold volume down and power..if your s-on you can just flash a rom and have it boot....you have to flash the rom and fastboot flash its kernel from your pc in order for it to work...if your s-off you dont have to worry about this...a quick search in the rezound forums will answer all your questions..but if needed ill be glad to further help
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

derileec
Old
(Last edited by derileec; 20th February 2014 at 04:44 PM.) Reason: more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i was gonna say pull battery and place it back in and then at the same time hold volume down and power..if your s-on you can just flash a rom and have it boot....you have to flash the rom and fastboot flash its kernel from your pc in order for it to work...if your s-off you dont have to worry about this...a quick search in the rezound forums will answer all your questions..but if needed ill be glad to further help

when i press start+volym down i come to a screen.

****unlocked****
vigor pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2.10.0000
eMMc-boot
oct 5 2011,21.18:48

hboot

<vol up> to previous items
<vol down> to next item
<power> to select item

fastboot
recovery
factory reset
clear storage
simlock
image crc

*****************EDIT*****************************
Ok i downloaded "cm-11-20140127-UNOFFICIAL-vigor.zip"
Put it on my sd card went to recovery removed and wiped all ****.
Installed all done RS=htc logo only :/ i am doing something wrong.....

http://i.imgur.com/RVtrYLI.png

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
****unlocked****
vigor pvt ship s-on rl

*****************EDIT*****************************
Ok i downloaded "cm-11-20140127-UNOFFICIAL-vigor.zip"
Put it on my sd card went to recovery removed and wiped all ****.
Installed all done RS=htc logo only :/ i am doing something wrong.....
ok you are s-on....you can do 1 of 2 things to make this quick. download the android sdk program as it has the fastboot tool built in or dig around for the rezound all in one toolkit which also containing same fastboot tool...you use command prompt in windows 7 to do it...or if you have ubuntu this is installed by default...what you gotta do is extract the boot.img from that rom itself that you are flashing and place it in the same folder as your fastboot tool....put phone in hboot with volume down and power to get to that screen and select fastboot by tapping power button to do so.....plug the phone in and youll see it now says fastboot usb...now in command prompt or terminal cd into that folder that contains the fastboot tool and type this command. fastboot flash boot boot.img then press enter and it will flash the boot.img and your phone will fully boot up
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢

derileec
Old
(Last edited by derileec; 20th February 2014 at 08:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
ok you are s-on....you can do 1 of 2 things to make this quick. download the android sdk program as it has the fastboot tool built in or dig around for the rezound all in one toolkit which also containing same fastboot tool...you use command prompt in windows 7 to do it...or if you have ubuntu this is installed by default...what you gotta do is extract the boot.img from that rom itself that you are flashing and place it in the same folder as your fastboot tool....put phone in hboot with volume down and power to get to that screen and select fastboot by tapping power button to do so.....plug the phone in and youll see it now says fastboot usb...now in command prompt or terminal cd into that folder that contains the fastboot tool and type this command. fastboot flash boot boot.img then press enter and it will flash the boot.img and your phone will fully boot up

i have clockworkmod recovery on phone ? whats that?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
crud you are using windows 8 arent you......nothing really you can do in windows 8 bud...requires windows 7 or straight linux
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢

derileec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OMFG

Quote:
crud you are using windows 8 aren't you......nothing really you can do in windows 8 bud...requires windows 7 or straight linux
Wow so fkin g*y been sitting here and reinstall driver+progs try new things...asked my self if i'm dumb and cant follow guides.
Yeah im on Windows 8.1 x64.