How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Is there a way to make more apps reside on sd card?

OP Tom19146

22nd February 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
After downloading apps, I see that some, but not many, can be moved from internal storage to phone storage i.e. the SD card.
I have set my default to store on the SD card but that's still only means that those few that are already able to be moved there will be loaded there from the get-go. I tend to load lots of apps and as my internal storage fills up I wish there were a way to have more of them sit outside of internal storage.

Also, will backing up to the SD card mean that when I have to flash my ROM and start again that I will be able to resume/reload with data what I had from the SD card for Will I always have to go to the app store and reload every one of my apps, put in my logins, etc?
22nd February 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,284

2,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom19146

After downloading apps, I see that some, but not many, can be moved from internal storage to phone storage i.e. the SD card.
I have set my default to store on the SD card but that's still only means that those few that are already able to be moved there will be loaded there from the get-go. I tend to load lots of apps and as my internal storage fills up I wish there were a way to have more of them sit outside of internal storage.

Also, will backing up to the SD card mean that when I have to flash my ROM and start again that I will be able to resume/reload with data what I had from the SD card for Will I always have to go to the app store and reload every one of my apps, put in my logins, etc?

Problem with pushing it to SD is flash a ROM or factory reset and the app is still there but you have to reinstall the apps anyways. You will also have to redo all your logins.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread