5,600,571 Members 33,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FAQs

Tip us?
 
Nick0703
Old
(Last edited by Nick0703; 4th December 2013 at 12:15 AM.)
#1  
Nick0703's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2064
Posts: 1,426
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PAC World

 
DONATE TO ME
Default FAQs

PACman FAQ
PIE FAQ

Q. What is PIE?
A.. PIE is a new way to interact with your notifications. It provides easy gesture based interaction with all your system information without taking up valuable screen space. Click here for more info.

Q. How do I access Pie?
A. Swipe your finger from the pie gravity edge (default is the bottom) toward the center of your screen. While keeping your finger on the screen, drag your finger to the desired button and release to click.

Q. My PIE doesn't look like the ones in the screenshots. I don't see the Clock or notifications.
A. Notifications work either through the status bar or PIE. If the status bar is enabled, PIE reverts to just the softkeys. To enable the full PIE experience, enable Expanded Desktop by going to Settings -> System -> Power Menu -> Expanded Desktop (Status bar hidden). Access the power menu and turn Expanded Desktop on.

Q. How do I change PIE colors?
A. Go to Settings -> Hybrid Properties -> Interface and change the Navigation bar color.

Q. Buttons or keyboard rows near the edge of my screen are nonresponsive.
A. PIE's trigger area overlay is covering the edge of your screen. Change either the Trigger Area or Pie Gravity in Settings -> System -> PIE Settings.

Q. I don't like PIE, how do I turn it off?
A. To disable PIE set Trigger Area to None in Settings -> System -> Pie Settings. Remember to disable Expanded Desktop to turn status bar on again.
ROM FAQ

Q. Do I need to do a full wipe before installing this ROM?
A. Unless coming from a previous version of PACman it is highly recommended to do a full wipe before installing. This includes coming from ParanoidAndroid ROMs.

Q. What do the settings in Hybrid Properties do?
A. ParanoidAndroid has an extensive guide to the settings at this thread: [GUIDE][PARANOIDANDROID] A Complete Compendium on ParanoidPreferences [PA-Settings] Please do not post questions related to PA Settings in this thread, they are not ROM specific and all we'll do is point you to that thread.

Q. How do I turn on the Navigation Bar?
A. To enable the NavBar open Hybrid Properties, swipe the screen to the right to peek through to the menu.
Select Interface, now set your desired NavBar size with the slider.

Q. Something isn't working. What do I do?
A. First, make sure you are running the latest stable version. Try a backup data using Titanium and do a full wipe reinstall. If the problem persists, report what it is and what triggers it so the dev can duplicate it.

Q. Can we flash this on Locked Bootloader?
A. No, This requires custom kernel and can never be flashed on locked bootloaders.
Feature FAQ

Q. How do I use the other features that are included with PAC?
A. Click on each features to get more info.


NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM! If you need help ask in my threads!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nick0703 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
22anl
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Oct 2013
do you maybe know of something like PIE also as an App to be installed to a different rom? thanks!!
 
Langes
Old
#3  
Langes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1279
Posts: 1,071
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sweet Spot

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22anl View Post
do you maybe know of something like PIE also as an App to be installed to a different rom? thanks!!
It is part of the ROM at this stage, no seperate apk. This is the case for all ROMs that have PIE


Device Urushi | ROM PAC 4.4 | Kernel 3.4.0-LX (LegacyXperia)
The Following User Says Thank You to Langes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
22anl
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Oct 2013
Thanks
 
Prodiggy
Old
(Last edited by Prodiggy; 11th November 2013 at 09:42 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2013
Nick, I'm glad I found you, been lookin all over for you..
I HAVE SOME VERY STRANGE ISSUES..
The nav bar at the bottom overlaps about halfway above of the dock of next launcher which makes the dock unusable and ugly.. the same problem persist in 50% of the other apps notably go sms, quick pic, go launchers and many others.. I mean the nav bar is somehow conflicting/interfering with certain UI parts of some apps.. I have tried the milestone releases and a few latest nightlies but its still not fixed..


Its hard to believe there are many discussions of issues about pac rom going on but I didn't find this preety obvious and significant one anywhere..


I have waited like 3 months since I started with pac, updated about 5 nightlies hoping it will be fixed but no luck everytime..

This one is a serious one.. It has forced me not to use some of my fav apps and use pie navigation at times..

No problem with all the minor bugs but this one is frustrating..

ANY IDEA??

PS. pac ver 4.3.1 on sg tab p3100 and sgs3

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Dalisword
Old
(Last edited by Dalisword; 30th November 2013 at 02:06 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default Galaxy S4

I'll be running the Milestone 1 on my SG4 tonight. Is anyone having any significant issues with the newest nightly?

Upon further inspection is the Milestone not on 4.3? I suppose I'll flash the most current nightly. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Nick0703
Old
#7  
Nick0703's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2064
Posts: 1,426
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PAC World

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodiggy View Post
Nick, I'm glad I found you, been lookin all over for you..
I HAVE SOME VERY STRANGE ISSUES..
The nav bar at the bottom overlaps about halfway above of the dock of next launcher which makes the dock unusable and ugly.. the same problem persist in 50% of the other apps notably go sms, quick pic, go launchers and many others.. I mean the nav bar is somehow conflicting/interfering with certain UI parts of some apps.. I have tried the milestone releases and a few latest nightlies but its still not fixed..


Its hard to believe there are many discussions of issues about pac rom going on but I didn't find this preety obvious and significant one anywhere..


I have waited like 3 months since I started with pac, updated about 5 nightlies hoping it will be fixed but no luck everytime..

This one is a serious one.. It has forced me not to use some of my fav apps and use pie navigation at times..

No problem with all the minor bugs but this one is frustrating..

ANY IDEA??

PS. pac ver 4.3.1 on sg tab p3100 and sgs3

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Did you try using another UI layout? Some users on the p31xx thread switched to a different UI and that kinda fixed the problem for them.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalisword View Post
I'll be running the Milestone 1 on my SG4 tonight. Is anyone having any significant issues with the newest nightly?

Upon further inspection is the Milestone not on 4.3? I suppose I'll flash the most current nightly. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm running the latest nightlies on my S4 and I'm not getting any problems yet. *knock on wood*.

And also we'll release the Milestone for 4.3 soon.


Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk


NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM! If you need help ask in my threads!
 
Dalisword
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0703 View Post
I'm running the latest nightlies on my S4 and I'm not getting any problems yet. *knock on wood*.

And also we'll release the Milestone for 4.3 soon.


Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I flashed the newest nightly. I'm impressed, battery life is impressive and the settings are outstanding. I've had a few bugs, somebody really doesn't like this Tyler guy.
 
Prodiggy
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Nov 2013
Yeah.. I hav tried the diff PA UI, its still the same when I switch to phone/phablet UI which I like.. dont prefer the tablet UI at all so havnt tried that..

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mellevdlinde
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 114
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thanks a lot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Nexus 5
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

Nexus 7
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes