Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,198 Members 47,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Watch face

Tip us?

foody24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Watch face

Hi,
Anyone know how I can get the watch face on when I'm wearing it so that it looks like I'm wearing a watch instead of a blank screen. Basically keeping the time on at all time. I've tried everything and can't figure it out. Any pointers on the OwatchON would be great as well. I've tried configuring it but I must be doing something wrong.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
The TS and other x201 smartwatches were never designed to have the screen left on all the time. Doing so will give you about 6hrs of battery at best from my estimates.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

rawr
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by foody24 View Post
Hi,
Anyone know how I can get the watch face on when I'm wearing it so that it looks like I'm wearing a watch instead of a blank screen. Basically keeping the time on at all time. I've tried everything and can't figure it out. Any pointers on the OwatchON would be great as well. I've tried configuring it but I must be doing something wrong.
Like Loki said, you really don't want the screen on all day. Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....adl.appshaker It works nicely and can be tuned to turn your watch on with just a flick of the wrist.
SGS (T959D), SGS II (I9100m), SGSIII (i747m), SGSIV (i337m), SGNII (i317m), SGNIII (N900W8)
Acer Iconia Tab A100, OUYA, Omate TrueSmart Extreme KS Backer

Need Dropbox? http://db.tt/ZSrjlF2

Neosolidus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr View Post
Like Loki said, you really don't want the screen on all day. Try this app: Shaker, It works nicely and can be tuned to turn your watch on with just a flick of the wrist.
Isn't that what OwatchON is supposed to do?( haven't actually used my watch or any of the apps yet to know if they actually work as intended)

how_eee
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I recommend Gravity Screen app. Best of many apps i tried. Much better than WatchOn
The Following User Says Thank You to how_eee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

syounger64
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I tried Owatchon but apparently it isn't working. The Shake app does work well and has nice options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosolidus View Post
Isn't that what OwatchON is supposed to do?( haven't actually used my watch or any of the apps yet to know if they actually work as intended)

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr View Post
Like Loki said, you really don't want the screen on all day. Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....adl.appshaker It works nicely and can be tuned to turn your watch on with just a flick of the wrist.
Thanks for this tip! Hope it doesn't drain the battery as yesterday I didn't have Bluetooth or WiFi on yesterday for nearly 14 hours on the road. It was only down 90 percent which is I think its great.

deedscreen
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by how_eee View Post
I recommend Gravity Screen app. Best of many apps i tried. Much better than WatchOn
Just found that app. I'm using it on my cell now. I love it! It's been a while since I've been super excited about an app!
Gravity Screen - On/Off

It could be helpful with the TrueSmart but I'm not sure if I love it on a watch.
I Support Android, Wear, TV, Auto, Nexus, Silver, & More

If someone has helped you, please be sure to hit the THANKS button!
My Current Devices:

Code:
LG G3 T-Mobile (D851): Stock 4.4
(LG G3: Olleh F400K Korean Model)
Samsung Galaxy S3 T999: Carbon 4.4 ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0"
Gionee Elife E6
Motorola Atrix HD
Motorola Photon Q
Google Chromecast

metaphor_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone know why watchON doesn't seem to run at all? (I'm running Imperium Operative)

fippy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphor_ View Post
Anyone know why watchON doesn't seem to run at all? (I'm running Imperium Operative)
Probably because your sensors are not working. Have you checked they are working?

metaphor_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fippy View Post
Probably because your sensors are not working. Have you checked they are working?
Yeah, I see the sensors working properly in the "wakeup position" dialogue... any other thoughts?