How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Watch face

OP foody24

17th February 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Hi,
Anyone know how I can get the watch face on when I'm wearing it so that it looks like I'm wearing a watch instead of a blank screen. Basically keeping the time on at all time. I've tried everything and can't figure it out. Any pointers on the OwatchON would be great as well. I've tried configuring it but I must be doing something wrong.
17th February 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,282

2,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
The TS and other x201 smartwatches were never designed to have the screen left on all the time. Doing so will give you about 6hrs of battery at best from my estimates.
18th February 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foody24

Hi,
Anyone know how I can get the watch face on when I'm wearing it so that it looks like I'm wearing a watch instead of a blank screen. Basically keeping the time on at all time. I've tried everything and can't figure it out. Any pointers on the OwatchON would be great as well. I've tried configuring it but I must be doing something wrong.

Like Loki said, you really don't want the screen on all day. Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....adl.appshaker It works nicely and can be tuned to turn your watch on with just a flick of the wrist.
18th February 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #4  

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr

Like Loki said, you really don't want the screen on all day. Try this app: Shaker, It works nicely and can be tuned to turn your watch on with just a flick of the wrist.

Isn't that what OwatchON is supposed to do?( haven't actually used my watch or any of the apps yet to know if they actually work as intended)
18th February 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #5  

2 posts
I recommend Gravity Screen app. Best of many apps i tried. Much better than WatchOn
The Following User Says Thank You to how_eee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

47 posts
I tried Owatchon but apparently it isn't working. The Shake app does work well and has nice options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosolidus

Isn't that what OwatchON is supposed to do?( haven't actually used my watch or any of the apps yet to know if they actually work as intended)

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr

Like Loki said, you really don't want the screen on all day. Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....adl.appshaker It works nicely and can be tuned to turn your watch on with just a flick of the wrist.

Thanks for this tip! Hope it doesn't drain the battery as yesterday I didn't have Bluetooth or WiFi on yesterday for nearly 14 hours on the road. It was only down 90 percent which is I think its great.
21st February 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #7  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 138

1,048 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by how_eee

I recommend Gravity Screen app. Best of many apps i tried. Much better than WatchOn

Just found that app. I'm using it on my cell now. I love it! It's been a while since I've been super excited about an app!
Gravity Screen - On/Off

It could be helpful with the TrueSmart but I'm not sure if I love it on a watch.
23rd February 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Anyone know why watchON doesn't seem to run at all? (I'm running Imperium Operative)
23rd February 2014, 08:03 PM   |  #9  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphor_

Anyone know why watchON doesn't seem to run at all? (I'm running Imperium Operative)

Probably because your sensors are not working. Have you checked they are working?
23rd February 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fippy

Probably because your sensors are not working. Have you checked they are working?

Yeah, I see the sensors working properly in the "wakeup position" dialogue... any other thoughts?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread