Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ordering

Tip us?

gigaguy
Old
(Last edited by gigaguy; 21st February 2014 at 10:31 PM.) Reason: delete
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default ordering

Please delete me, I dont seem to be able to.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
Watch: Motoactv 16gb

homer285
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I seriously urge you to reconsider, I pre-ordered mid December with shipping advertised end of Dec, it is now almost March and they dont even reply to requests for a refund, today I did a chargeback with bank. Keep in mind they will actually draw money on the pre-order and I hear there Paypal account is blocked so I doubt that you can pay via Paypal, if I were you I'd wait until the product actually hits shelves(unlikely). Another thing is that Rocki and Omate have split and I am guessing Omate will struggle to get moneys owed to them by Rocki, its possible Omate will go bust.
M7 Red, G3 D855 Titan, Z1 Black

Joost39
Old
Thanks Meter 13
You can buy mine on Ebay - its only used a few times and is in mint condition with all that comes in the salesbox.
Nokia Lumia 630 dualsim & Omate Truesmart 4GB+32GB

syounger64
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer285 View Post
I seriously urge you to reconsider, I pre-ordered mid December with shipping advertised end of Dec, it is now almost March and they dont even reply to requests for a refund, today I did a chargeback with bank. Keep in mind they will actually draw money on the pre-order and I hear there Paypal account is blocked so I doubt that you can pay via Paypal, if I were you I'd wait until the product actually hits shelves(unlikely). Another thing is that Rocki and Omate have split and I am guessing Omate will struggle to get moneys owed to them by Rocki, its possible Omate will go bust.
That's a lot of negative speculation. Its also possible that getting Rocki out of the way is better for Omate in the long run. The watch itself is not a failure and there's really no other watch like it with its features. I fully understand the risks of owning a Kickstarter product but this thing is looking good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syounger64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joost39
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I must agree, the Omate is one of the best smartwatches around.

sendt fra Galaxy S4 mini duos
Nokia Lumia 630 dualsim & Omate Truesmart 4GB+32GB

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3269

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer285 View Post
PayPal account was frozen due to multiple refund requests in a short period. I even had mine frozen at one point because of three refund request for donations made through xda in a week. PayPal froze my account, demanded that I issue refunds using another funding source even though there was more than enough money in the account. PayPal also took a month to give the money to those that requested the refunds and then took six months to let me have access to the near $500 in the account. During the six months they also blocked any incoming donations. In short, PayPal operates outside of FTC guidelines and could care less about the customer or vendor as long as they get paid.

As far as the rest of your noise. It's not a retail product where there are tens of thousands of these things sitting in a warehouse. They are hand assembled by a company with less than 10 employees that also gets hundreds of emails a day, packs, labels and is tagged on hundreds of social media post a day.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

openbsd2
Old
(Last edited by openbsd2; 23rd February 2014 at 01:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by syounger64 View Post
That's a lot of negative speculation. Its also possible that getting Rocki out of the way is better for Omate in the long run. The watch itself is not a failure and there's really no other watch like it with its features. I fully understand the risks of owning a Kickstarter product but this thing is looking good.
I Wish Id NEVER heard of it
negative?
I too payed up front in October (Yes Thats right I said October!! )
Omate doesnt answer emails
I Have Now realised That it is becoming increasonly more and more likley i will Never see my Money again
Dont TRY and Buy One
I really think All of a sudden Omate will become "Bankrupt" and start with a fresh company name
I am Frustrated and Annoyed!!
If Someone shouts SCAM....I WONT be defending them

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2396
Thread closed. OP requested deletion, but I thought there might be some value in some of the replies.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe