[Q] How do I root this phone and install CWM without softbricking?

OP DJ Scooby Doo

20th February 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 142

777 posts
More
As I wrote on my previous question, I softbricked my phone yesterday when I installed BusyBox X and CWM recovery on my phone. I got a replacement phone and I am cautious on bricking the phone. I am trying to figure out if I did a wrong combo in installing these two things. I had this phone in the summer and I'm trying to remember from memory how this goes.

First I installed LGPwn and rooted it that way, then I installed BusyBox X and pressed the button that said install, finally I installed the L9 bootstrap recovery and rebooted. Then I proceeded to install 2 zip files, 1) Black Status Bar tweak by Mateo1111 and 2) Hide QApps also by Mateo1111. I restarted the phone and was greeted with the error of com.android.phone has stopped and encrypted/ reset phone. Did I do anything wrong? If so, please help me out!
21st February 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Great White , Michigan
Thanks Meter: 293

723 posts
More
The problem you had was actually with busybox. I had the same problem after I rooted my L9. I rooted and then installed busybox and everything seemed fine, I then booted to cwm and made a nandroid backup, then after booting back to android os, I was greeted with "Encrypting - Reset Phone" To recover from this, I booted back to recovery and restored the backup and then everything was fine. When it comes to busybox the L9 is very particular. Mine wouldn't work with busybox by stericson I had to use busybox x. If you tried busybox x and had that problem you might want to try busybox by stericson and install version 1.21.0 and use smart install.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 142

777 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrc45

The problem you had was actually with busybox. I had the same problem after I rooted my L9. I rooted and then installed busybox and everything seemed fine, I then booted to cwm and made a nandroid backup, then after booting back to android os, I was greeted with "Encrypting - Reset Phone" To recover from this, I booted back to recovery and restored the backup and then everything was fine. When it comes to busybox the L9 is very particular. Mine wouldn't work with busybox by stericson I had to use busybox x. If you tried busybox x and had that problem you might want to try busybox by stericson and install version 1.21.0 and use smart install.

Thanks for your reply! I did install the other version of BusyBox by Stericson and it worked flawlessly. No errors so far, and I have my phone set up the way I like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Scooby Doo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag Great White , Michigan
Thanks Meter: 293

723 posts
More
Awesome... Glad I could be of help.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdrc45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread