Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question [Q] Enterprise WIFI not working with custom 4.3 Roms

OP typxyt

14th January 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Any developer want to assist us at work get online? I've tried every custom 4.3 tw without success. I've tried all kernels available without success. I restore back to any 4.2 and I connect perfectly.

I'm on mk2 with mf9 boatloader for all examples above. There is something missing in 4.3 allowing the device to properly connect to enterprise Wi-Fi (my situation is peap with mschampv2). I see it authenticates me on the network just falls to properly connect then it resets.

I've tried the various apps in the playstore as suggested by others. This is not something the fabled wifi fix floating around can help.
15th January 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
I have the same problem, although I am on MK2 software and not sure about bootloader. I'm also using Ktoonsez kernal.
15th January 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthjoey91

I have the same problem, although I am on MK2 software and not sure about bootloader. I'm also using Ktoonsez kernal.

You don't know if you upgraded to the MK2 bootloader? Can you search /system/apps for any KNOX apps?

My theory is without the KNOX bootloader/apps wifi enterprise is broken with the MK2 software. But, I'm no developer.
15th January 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Same here
I have had enterprise WiFi issues with all 4.3 custom ROMS I have tried and have searched extensively and have not found a solution. The only work around I have found was to sign on as a guest if that is allowed.
16th January 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottohs

I have had enterprise WiFi issues with all 4.3 custom ROMS I have tried and have searched extensively and have not found a solution. The only work around I have found was to sign on as a guest if that is allowed.

Yes but my work's guest system auto logs out every so often and its annoying.
16th January 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by typxyt

You don't know if you upgraded to the MK2 bootloader? Can you search /system/apps for any KNOX apps?

My theory is without the KNOX bootloader/apps wifi enterprise is broken with the MK2 software. But, I'm no developer.

I don't have KNOX. I got my MK2 update from unknownforce's thread.
22nd February 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
4.4.2 update fixed enterprise WiFi for me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
enterprise, mschamp, peap, wi-fi, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes