Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 32GB Micro SD Issue (HELP)

Tip us?

Andrewcollins603
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 32GB Micro SD Issue (HELP)

Good Afternoon

Ive recently been given the Samsung Tab 3 7 inch and im having major issues with the 32GB Micro SD Card.

I can add folders and files to the SD card through a SD Card Adapter plugged into the card reader of my desktop PC and I can view these files once put back into tablet.

Once in the tablet I cant move anything around in the ‘My Files’ App I cant delete anything or add anything either.

Its like its just readable. I cant save photos from the camera to the SD card and I cant create any folders on it using the tablet.

It works perfectly in my friends Samsung phone…. I put his 8GB sd card into my tablet and it worked for a while and I was able to create folders and move files in ‘My file’ app. I removed it and tried it again and it became ‘Read Only’ like my 32GB

Also if I plug my tablet into the desktop PC using the usb adapter I cant change detele or add files to the card!

Very confused.

Im new to android so if anyone needs anyother info to help me out I will try my best to answer.

Thanks guys.

Ripperoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcollins603 View Post
Also if I plug my tablet into the desktop PC using the usb adapter I cant change detele or add files to the card!
Have you tried formatting the card in Windows Explorer when connected to the PC via SD card adapter (not while still in the tablet)?

You will need to format the SD card to FAT32