5,598,938 Members 31,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

omate bluetooth cannot connect with iphone5

Tip us?

Jeremyjay
Old
(Last edited by Jeremyjay; 7th April 2014 at 10:38 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default omate bluetooth cannot connect with iphone5

Device: 1900 1/8 TrueSmart
Model Number:x201
Android version : 4.2.2
Baseband version: moly.wr8.w1315.md.wg.mp v4.P1, 2013/11/09 14:19
Kernel version: 3.4.5 user@userdesktop #11
Custom build version: ensec 20140318

my bluetooth wont connect with my iphone 5? it says "connection unsuccessful, Truesmart is not supported"

any suggestions??

thanks

rhineymac
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyjay View Post
Device: 1900 1/8 TrueSmart
Model Number:x201
Android version : 4.2.2
Baseband version: moly.wr8.w1315.md.wg.mp v4.P1, 2013/11/09 14:19
Kernel version: 3.4.5 user@userdesktop #11
Custom build version: ensec 20140318

my bluetooth wont connect with my iphone 5? it says "connection unsuccessful, Truesmart is not supported"

any suggestions??

thanks
IPhone uses BTLE. Currently the ts does not have that. And it will not until the ts is updated to android 4.3 or higher. That may or may not happen
The Following User Says Thank You to rhineymac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SchneiderG10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhineymac View Post
IPhone uses BTLE. Currently the ts does not have that. And it will not until the ts is updated to android 4.3 or higher. That may or may not happen
If I jailbreak my iphone and download MyWi will bluetooth tethering work?

rhineymac
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderG10 View Post
as of right now, BT teethering does not work on any ts with any phone. Omate is suppose to release a firmware update next week to solve the BT issue

Tilton53
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhineymac View Post
as of right now, BT teethering does not work on any ts with any phone. Omate is suppose to release a firmware update next week to solve the BT issue
This is not true. My Truesmart can tether to phones, it is just very unstable; you should however be able to pair to a phone. Now whether an iPhone 5 supports tethering to the Truesmart is different.

blu05r6strtbike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It doesn't work, the best you can do is tether using iphone as a wifi hotspot and set the output on MyWi to about 30%. Will kill the iphone in about 8 hours though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchneiderG10 View Post

rhineymac
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I should have explained what I meant. Yes it can teether using BT. But the BT tethering to your phone is unstable and after 2-10 mins I loses connection. This is a firmware issue. Omate is releasing a firmware update in a week or so to solve this issue. They are updating OUI 2 to OUI 2.1. This will add a sports mode as well as a companion mode to your ts

blu05r6strtbike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The update still won't work with the iphone, at least not until the ts software is upgraded to android 4.3. Or higher

rhineymac
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Your right,until its updated to at least 4.3 you r Sol. On top of that omate is focusing on there next ts. Ts 2. So I wwould expect the same support we have now in the future for the ts 1. When I asked about support I was told not to bother with the ts 1 because all resource as are being put on the development of there next ts. This comes as no surprise