Question [Q] Paranoid Android settings revert after restart

OP JeSuisNerd

21st February 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Houghton
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Would post this question in the relevant development thread but I don't have enough posts yet.

I'm using the Infamous PAC rom compiled by kasper_h in this thread.

My problem is with the Paranoid Android "hybrid settings" included with the rom. In the UI settings I can set the interface mode to be exactly how I like (tablet UI, 140 dpi, etc.). After changing a setting and pressing Save, the system UI will restart immediately and correctly display the updates I've made. However, after a restart of the tablet it reverts back to 360p phone UI mode. As far as I can tell my color changes have held (statusbar and navbar are transparent as I wanted).

Has anybody run into a similar issue with a Paranoid ROM or have some tips to get these settings to persist after reboot? Thanks.

Edit: It is worth mentioning that I've installed Apex launcher in place of the default Trebuchet, but I've tried booting with and without the "use tablet UI" checked, and neither prevents the system UI from reverting.
Last edited by JeSuisNerd; 21st February 2014 at 02:40 AM.
21st February 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 803

1,164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSuisNerd

Would post this question in the relevant development thread but I don't have enough posts yet.

I'm using the Infamous PAC rom compiled by kasper_h in this thread.

My problem is with the Paranoid Android "hybrid settings" included with the rom. In the UI settings I can set the interface mode to be exactly how I like (tablet UI, 140 dpi, etc.). After changing a setting and pressing Save, the system UI will restart immediately and correctly display the updates I've made. However, after a restart of the tablet it reverts back to 360p phone UI mode. As far as I can tell my color changes have held (statusbar and navbar are transparent as I wanted).

Has anybody run into a similar issue with a Paranoid ROM or have some tips to get these settings to persist after reboot? Thanks.

Edit: It is worth mentioning that I've installed Apex launcher in place of the default Trebuchet, but I've tried booting with and without the "use tablet UI" checked, and neither prevents the system UI from reverting.

Thats a stable rom… but. I had problems with it also. Some devices just dont like certain roms.
You might try a clean flash… .wipe data, cache, dalvik. And format system. Yes this can make a difference.
Short of that… you could try a different kernel. And see if that helps. I always thought that was the issue on my device… as his kernels always cause me some kind of issue i have to fix. But ive yet to have the problem your having.
21st February 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Houghton
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil81

Thats a stable rom… but. I had problems with it also. Some devices just dont like certain roms.
You might try a clean flash… .wipe data, cache, dalvik. And format system. Yes this can make a difference.
Short of that… you could try a different kernel. And see if that helps. I always thought that was the issue on my device… as his kernels always cause me some kind of issue i have to fix. But ive yet to have the problem your having.

Hmm, that seems to have done it. I hadn't run across isntructions that suggested formatting /system, but after a clean install plus that my issue seems to be resolved, as well as some annoying homescreen jumping around. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread