5,593,401 Members 36,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] soft bricked my HTC one mini, need help please

Tip us?

STEAKTASTIC
Old
(Last edited by STEAKTASTIC; 27th December 2013 at 11:57 PM.) Reason: additional information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] soft bricked my HTC one mini, need help please

OK so I've been researching for days how to unlock boot loader, root and s-off my HTC one mini. I bought the phone in november so im assuming that i updated to 4.3 or it was already installed (relevant later). I htcdev unlocked my boot loader, installed twrp and made a backup, installed superuser and rooted my phone. Then I installed titanium backup pro, made a backup and uninstalled all the system apps/bloatware I didn't need. All was peachy but the apps kept reappearing which I found was down to s-on (despite what I read about htcdev unlock boot loader method making my phone s-off) . So I tried the revone method and got error 1 which apparently is down to having android 4.3 so I looked for an earlier ROM and flashed Magio r1 which worked fine but couldn't find the data/local/temp folder to install revone into. Probably could of put it somewhere else but I wasn't that confident with the s-off process. So I finally found Jmz m4 stock ROM so there was light at end of tunnel. So I read up on twrp factory reset/format data functions and saw people were using both methods. I went with the full format and factory reset afterwards. Looking back now that was pretty stupid as I have no ROM and no backups to restore to. I did manage to chmod 777 the permissions on my twrp backups and copy the to dropbox (after endless scouring of forums). I also know how to flash boot images and use the adb side load functions. So that's my story.

Problem is I can't adb push the file as it returns with error closed, I've tried the following commands:

adb device - my device is attached and side loading.
adb usb - returns error closed

adb kill-server
adb start server - server starts successfully then returns error closed.

adp push rom.zip /data/media/0 - returns error closed

And just to be sure I tried with /data/media/, same error

I've fastboot flashed the jmzM4 ROM image and kernel but no joy as I'm guessing the boot image isn't enough and you need the zip.

If anyone can help out that would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I can load into boot loader and recovery no problem, just freezes on HTC load screen in normal boot up.

nelvinchi
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEAKTASTIC View Post
OK so I've been researching for days how to unlock boot loader, root and s-off my HTC one mini. I bought the phone in november so im assuming that i updated to 4.3 or it was already installed (relevant later). I htcdev unlocked my boot loader, installed twrp and made a backup, installed superuser and rooted my phone. Then I installed titanium backup pro, made a backup and uninstalled all the system apps/bloatware I didn't need. All was peachy but the apps kept reappearing which I found was down to s-on (despite what I read about htcdev unlock boot loader method making my phone s-off) . So I tried the revone method and got error 1 which apparently is down to having android 4.3 so I looked for an earlier ROM and flashed Magio r1 which worked fine but couldn't find the data/local/temp folder to install revone into. Probably could of put it somewhere else but I wasn't that confident with the s-off process. So I finally found Jmz m4 stock ROM so there was light at end of tunnel. So I read up on twrp factory reset/format data functions and saw people were using both methods. I went with the full format and factory reset afterwards. Looking back now that was pretty stupid as I have no ROM and no backups to restore to. I did manage to chmod 777 the permissions on my twrp backups and copy the to dropbox (after endless scouring of forums). I also know how to flash boot images and use the adb side load functions. So that's my story.

Problem is I can't adb push the file as it returns with error closed, I've tried the following commands:

adb device - my device is attached and side loading.
adb usb - returns error closed

adb kill-server
adb start server - server starts successfully then returns error closed.

adp push rom.zip /data/media/0 - returns error closed

And just to be sure I tried with /data/media/, same error

I've fastboot flashed the jmzM4 ROM image and kernel but no joy as I'm guessing the boot image isn't enough and you need the zip.

If anyone can help out that would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I can load into boot loader and recovery no problem, just freezes on HTC load screen in normal boot up.

PM me with your gmail and we can chat on Hangouts to get you sorted - will be easier chatting real-time than posting loads of instructions etc....

***** The only stupid question is the one you do not ask *****

Search FIRST though!

Total members helped out of soft bricks = 17 19

If i have helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to nelvinchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abzboi
Old
Thanks Meter 35
If u can flash the att ruu then the problem is fixed. Just flash it throught fasbttboot.

STEAKTASTIC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Well hat off to nelvinchi sorted the problem out and she's working like a bewt again what a genuine legend!

*removes tongue from ar-se*

Braddison
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Well hat off to nelvinchi sorted the problem out and she's working like a bewt again what a genuine legend!

*removes tongue from ar-se*
Ive kinda had the same issue after using superwipe before insalling a new rom...now my problem is that i cant ADB PUSH (error: closed)

Can i ask how you managed to sort this? I have international version, unlocked bootloader and s-off.

Thanks

STEAKTASTIC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddison View Post
Ive kinda had the same issue after using superwipe before insalling a new rom...now my problem is that i cant ADB PUSH (error: closed)

Can i ask how you managed to sort this? I have international version, unlocked bootloader and s-off.

Thanks
I could probably lead you through the same process but I'd advise asking nelvinchi for help as he will get it sorted promptly and correctly. If not pm me

Braddison
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
I could probably lead you through the same process but I'd advise asking nelvinchi for help as he will get it sorted promptly and correctly. If not pm me
thanks for your prompt reply. yeah i will prob PM him but im going to try a few things first.cheers

nelvinchi
Old
(Last edited by nelvinchi; 29th December 2013 at 04:02 PM.) Reason: Forgot boot.img
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
thanks for your prompt reply. yeah i will prob PM him but im going to try a few things first.cheers
Hi!
A couple of things to help you get this sorted:
You can't ADB from HBOOT/Bootloader, if you have TWRP boot to recovery then you can adb push - I'd recommend this over trying to sideload (sideload instantly flashes the zip)
You won't be able to boot if you are UNLOCKED and have S-OFF - You can either use the terminal emulator in recovery or adb shell to use revone.
adb push your rom zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86 zip to /sdcard/ if this returns an error, push to /data/local/ (you can install zip from here in recovery)
Once done, install the rom, install supersu.

Most likely revone will be missing, so do this:
adb push revone /data/local/
adb shell
cd /data/local/
chmod 755 revone
./revone -l

Reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik
Reboot
REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER
Choose FASTBOOT
fastboot flash boot boot.img (boot.img extracted from the rom zip)
Reboot to recovery
Reboot system

* revone download:
download revone from http://revolutionary.io/revone
remove .bin extention

****** REMEMBER to

Search FIRST though!

Braddison
Old
(Last edited by Braddison; 29th December 2013 at 04:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Thanks, i will try the instructions you've posted. i am unlocked and s-off.
Adb push worked, however Install of rom failed...as you said i will prob have to download revone and take it from there .

nelvinchi
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Thanks, i will try the instructions you've posted. i am unlocked and s-off.
Adb push worked, however Install of rom failed...as you said i will prob have to download revone and take it from there .
What error did you get when it failed? Which rom are you flashing?

Search FIRST though!

The Following User Says Thank You to nelvinchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]