Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help nvflash

Tip us?

easylistener
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help nvflash

I need some help.... I just got a tf201 and it came with 4.0.3 with the . 28 so I thought it would be time to install a custom rom. So I read that nvflash was the thing to install and use but every page with instructions leads me to another page to download but the files are no longer on there...I have rooted and installed a couple different roms on my Kindle and Android phone so I know just enough to get myself into trouble and want to protect myself..... I have to do some searching on fastest also, I used it on my Kindle but that was over a year ago so I have to remember how to get into fastboot.....

easylistener
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK I think I figure it out because of reading all the other post....It looks like the files were removed when they came out with the JB guide of doing it....So my question is then I should update to the 4.1 update then follow the guide over on mobi for the JB correct? I would really like someone to offer some suggestions before I go ahead and update and screw myself.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by easylistener View Post
I need some help.... I just got a tf201 and it came with 4.0.3 with the . 28 so I thought it would be time to install a custom rom. So I read that nvflash was the thing to install and use but every page with instructions leads me to another page to download but the files are no longer on there...I have rooted and installed a couple different roms on my Kindle and Android phone so I know just enough to get myself into trouble and want to protect myself..... I have to do some searching on fastest also, I used it on my Kindle but that was over a year ago so I have to remember how to get into fastboot.....

Restorer
Old
(Last edited by Restorer; 14th February 2014 at 11:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by easylistener View Post
OK I think I figure it out because of reading all the other post....It looks like the files were removed when they came out with the JB guide of doing it....So my question is then I should update to the 4.1 update then follow the guide over on mobi for the JB correct? I would really like someone to offer some suggestions before I go ahead and update and screw myself.....
Yes, you would be best off updating to the latest official 4.1.1 version (10.4.2.18) and using the guides and files designed for JB to make your NVFlash backups .

Do read the official guide but there is also a clearer and more detailed guide to NVFlash for JellyBean HERE.

Note: it does say you need the 10.4.2.15 bootloader but the method and files work fine on the 10.4.2.18 also.

Do read the instructions carefully as the prime is a lot easier to brick than the other devices you have experience on.
Phone: Nexus 4 Stock Android 4.4.4
Tablet: Asus TF201 on the Dream Combo: HairyBean 2.31 and Hunds F2FS Kernel

easylistener
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok need some more help..... I found out my prime had twrp already installed.. So can I install nvflash after twrp has already y been installed?.. .. I have Ics on it and seems everything today is for jb......How or where can I find how to update my prime to jb since it has already been rooted and unload ked bootloader...... I don't want to brick it but want to get it updated to the point where these guides I can read and follow?