5,605,373 Members 41,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [q] imei corruption no network !!

Tip us?

hamzah27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [q] imei corruption no network !!

I tried upgrading the OS of my phone from Jelly bean to Kit-Kat. I rooted the phone first and then installed the new ROM using ODIN. Earlier it was working fine but the wifi wasn't working properly so I again downgraded the OS to Jelly bean but now it shows no network. I went in the service menu using the code *#0011# there it shows IMEI corruption. I even showed to many service centers they couldn't fix the problem they tried to overwrite the IMEI but they weren't successful in doing so some even told that it can't be repaired. The phone is out of warranty. Is there any way to get rid of the problem without changing the motherboard ?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 462

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzah27 View Post
I tried upgrading the OS of my phone from Jelly bean to Kit-Kat. I rooted the phone first and then installed the new ROM using ODIN. Earlier it was working fine but the wifi wasn't working properly so I again downgraded the OS to Jelly bean but now it shows no network. I went in the service menu using the code *#0011# there it shows IMEI corruption. I even showed to many service centers they couldn't fix the problem they tried to overwrite the IMEI but they weren't successful in doing so some even told that it can't be repaired. The phone is out of warranty. Is there any way to get rid of the problem without changing the motherboard ?
You cannot downgrade Kitkat to Jelly Bean coz u have new bootloader now. Make a full wipe and install Kit Kat again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

navdeepavi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzah27 View Post
you have to install kitkat again.