[Q] Nooby question, help please

OP Hoodzc

20th February 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I live in the UK currently and i recently purchased an S4 off Amazon & after checking on Kies it said at the end of my Firmware version in brackets: (XSP), which i believe is Singapore. Is there anyway i can change this to the original stock UK firmware (btw it's factory unlocked). And also i was wondering when i go into Mobile networks then Network mode why the modes are listed as : LTE, WCDMA, GSM etc? whereas a friend of mine has "4G, 3G, 2G". Any help is much appreciated.
21st February 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 945

797 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodzc

I live in the UK currently and i recently purchased an S4 off Amazon & after checking on Kies it said at the end of my Firmware version in brackets: (XSP), which i believe is Singapore. Is there anyway i can change this to the original stock UK firmware (btw it's factory unlocked). And also i was wondering when i go into Mobile networks then Network mode why the modes are listed as : LTE, WCDMA, GSM etc? whereas a friend of mine has "4G, 3G, 2G". Any help is much appreciated.

a factory unlocked device,u mean a GPe?
If u have Knox,and its still 0x0, then u can flash latest uk stock firmware(download it from sammobile) and still save ur warranty.. Incase Knox is 0x1, well then feeel free to do anything,since warranty is already gone...
If its a GPe,then u shud already have latest firmware[Google release updates for those devices..]
as for lte or 4g,it may be a case of firmware,like how its addressed in that country,whose firmware is flashed on ur phone...

Sent from my GT-I9500
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread