Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 46,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can we flash AOSP roms on the Verizon LG G2?

Tip us?

wryun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default [Q] Can we flash AOSP roms on the Verizon LG G2?

I would like to replace my GS4 with a phone that I will be able to flash AOSP roms on. The LG G2 looks like an awesome phone, but the software and LG's version of Android looks freakin' ugly ... kind of like TouchWiz.

Is there a way to flash AOSP ROMS on the LG G2 with the latest firmware update? I have read the LG G2 threads and haven't been able to find a straight answer yet. I assume some flashing is possible since I see ROMs in the Verizon LG G2 threads, but are these for the latest baseband version?

Thanks for the help.
VZWLG|G2vs980 [R00T3D & R0M'D]

joebob296
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wryun View Post
I would like to replace my GS4 with a phone that I will be able to flash AOSP roms on. The LG G2 looks like an awesome phone, but the software and LG's version of Android looks freakin' ugly ... kind of like TouchWiz.

Is there a way to flash AOSP ROMS on the LG G2 with the latest firmware update? I have read the LG G2 threads and haven't been able to find a straight answer yet. I assume some flashing is possible since I see ROMs in the Verizon LG G2 threads, but are these for the latest baseband version?

Thanks for the help.
Yes there is. If they do not have a method of using the most recent firmware version you can just flash an older version using the LG flahing software. It can be found here on the Return to stock thread. You flash an older version, root, install TWRP or CWM, then download and flash ROM of your choice using custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to joebob296 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wryun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebob296 View Post
Yes there is. If they do not have a method of using the most recent firmware version you can just flash an older version using the LG flahing software. It can be found here on the Return to stock thread. You flash an older version, root, install TWRP or CWM, then download and flash ROM of your choice using custom recovery.
Thanks for the help, that is all I needed to know. I am going to get me an LG G2 and flash an AOSP ROM on it ASAP! LOL
It seems like rooting and installing a custom recovery is easier with the LG phones than it is with the Samsung phones.

joebob296
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Its definitely easier then my SGS3 was. The return to stock thread makes it ridiculously easy. Just be sure to follow the right set of instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to joebob296 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wryun
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebob296 View Post
Its definitely easier then my SGS3 was. The return to stock thread makes it ridiculously easy. Just be sure to follow the right set of instructions.
Awesome! Easiest root process I have ever done!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869
Tags
aosp, flash, rom, verizon