[Q] Can we flash AOSP roms on the Verizon LG G2?

OP wryun

16th February 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag SLC, UT
Thanks Meter: 43

291 posts
More
I would like to replace my GS4 with a phone that I will be able to flash AOSP roms on. The LG G2 looks like an awesome phone, but the software and LG's version of Android looks freakin' ugly ... kind of like TouchWiz.

Is there a way to flash AOSP ROMS on the LG G2 with the latest firmware update? I have read the LG G2 threads and haven't been able to find a straight answer yet. I assume some flashing is possible since I see ROMs in the Verizon LG G2 threads, but are these for the latest baseband version?

Thanks for the help.
17th February 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

235 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wryun

I would like to replace my GS4 with a phone that I will be able to flash AOSP roms on. The LG G2 looks like an awesome phone, but the software and LG's version of Android looks freakin' ugly ... kind of like TouchWiz.

Is there a way to flash AOSP ROMS on the LG G2 with the latest firmware update? I have read the LG G2 threads and haven't been able to find a straight answer yet. I assume some flashing is possible since I see ROMs in the Verizon LG G2 threads, but are these for the latest baseband version?

Thanks for the help.

Yes there is. If they do not have a method of using the most recent firmware version you can just flash an older version using the LG flahing software. It can be found here on the Return to stock thread. You flash an older version, root, install TWRP or CWM, then download and flash ROM of your choice using custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to joebob296 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag SLC, UT

291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebob296

Yes there is. If they do not have a method of using the most recent firmware version you can just flash an older version using the LG flahing software. It can be found here on the Return to stock thread. You flash an older version, root, install TWRP or CWM, then download and flash ROM of your choice using custom recovery.

Thanks for the help, that is all I needed to know. I am going to get me an LG G2 and flash an AOSP ROM on it ASAP! LOL
It seems like rooting and installing a custom recovery is easier with the LG phones than it is with the Samsung phones.
17th February 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 21

235 posts
Its definitely easier then my SGS3 was. The return to stock thread makes it ridiculously easy. Just be sure to follow the right set of instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to joebob296 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag SLC, UT

291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebob296

Its definitely easier then my SGS3 was. The return to stock thread makes it ridiculously easy. Just be sure to follow the right set of instructions.

Awesome! Easiest root process I have ever done!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, flash, rom, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread