Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Huawei G700-u20 - Root/custom rom help needed

OP alexeliasson

21st February 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hi guys!

Great forum. Goot my first Android device ever yesterday: Huawei G700-U20. I would like to root it and add a Custom rom (KitKat 4.4).

Got some problems in the first stage tough: installed Framaroot (and my phone is supposed to be supported according to the list), but when opening the app it says: "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"

What am I doing wrong?

It this the only opportunity to root the phone? As you can see - I'm very unexperienced, so please bear with me
The Following User Says Thank You to alexeliasson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Wink we need to wait too much for 4.4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeliasson

Hi guys!

Great forum. Goot my first Android device ever yesterday: Huawei G700-U20. I would like to root it and add a Custom rom (KitKat 4.4).

Got some problems in the first stage tough: installed Framaroot (and my phone is supposed to be supported according to the list), but when opening the app it says: "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"

What am I doing wrong?

It this the only opportunity to root the phone? As you can see - I'm very unexperienced, so please bear with me

aleselison,

i think we need to wait too much for a update of Kitkat 4.4.2 for our G700 to get that
26th February 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by talvigi

aleselison,

i think we need to wait too much for a update of Kitkat 4.4.2 for our G700 to get that

But if I root it and use custom rom, I should be able to get it - no?
The Following User Says Thank You to alexeliasson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeliasson

But if I root it and use custom rom, I should be able to get it - no?


That is the real Question Dear Alexe;

which custom ROM, Did you find any for G700?
IF yes then please mention it in the comments i would love to do it too.


waiting for your reply
Last edited by talvigi; 27th February 2014 at 12:32 PM.
15th March 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #5  
HawkEye's Avatar
Member
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
There is No custom KitKat ROM for the G700 series. We will need to wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to HawkEye For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeliasson

Hi guys!

Great forum. Goot my first Android device ever yesterday: Huawei G700-U20. I would like to root it and add a Custom rom (KitKat 4.4).



Got some problems in the first stage tough: installed Framaroot (and my phone is supposed to be supported according to the list), but when opening the app it says: "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"

What am I doing wrong?

It this the only opportunity to root the phone? As you can see - I'm very unexperienced, so please bear with me

I have the same phone, I used eroot to do the rooting without any problem.
http://huaweinews.com/2013/10/root-ascend-g700/
21st April 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyren

I have the same phone, I used eroot to do the rooting without any problem.
http://huaweinews.com/2013/10/root-ascend-g700/

Rooting Huawei is not the problem, you can do it very easily with the help of farmaroot app with out any PC.

But the real question is whether we have any good advantage of rooting this mobile if there is no custom ROM or any other type of update available in the market, than what is the best use of rooting and cracking your warranty.
21st April 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by talvigi

Rooting Huawei is not the problem, you can do it very easily with the help of farmaroot app with out any PC.

But the real question is whether we have any good advantage of rooting this mobile if there is no custom ROM or any other type of update available in the market, than what is the best use of rooting and cracking your warranty.

He was asking if there was other options to root the phone other than framaroot, so I just told him one other option

On the other side, yes its true that there are no custom roms for the U20. But that is not the only reason for rooting a phone since there are several apps that do require a rooted device.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes