Originally Posted by hmskrecik
Excuse me stupid question but how did you flash this update? I have this phone too and I too would like to root it.
Don't worry, It's not a stupid question. Mine came with bootloader unlocked and with custom recovery installed so flashing SU was not an issue.
However if your phone is bootloader locked and doesn't have custom recovery, you'll have to unlock it via HTCdev
website (you have to create an account and you'll find detailed instructions there). Next, you'll have to install custom recovery. I found one on a Russian forum
(using google translate) You can download the archive from here recovery_PhilZ_by_SPaWn.img
. Instructions are (translated with google from russian site):
1. Download the fully working CWM Recovery 22.214.171.124 touch version - recovery.img (Also place aromafm.zip in clockworkmod folder on sd card it you want Aroma recovery filemanager).
2. Turn off the phone and remove the battery.
3. Insert the battery and then hold the volume button "-" + Power button on and wait until you see the menu.
4. In the menu that appears, select the volume keys and confirm the selection by pressing the switch, FASBOOT.
5. Connect the cable to your computer and install the driver, download the HTC Sync , when you install the latest drivers are put.
6. Download the ADB from here
and extract it to a folder d :/ android
7. We go to the command prompt "cmd" (in Administrator mode) and in the window that appears enter the following order:
cd d :/ android
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. We wait until sew (almost instantly) should all be error free.
9. Select the volume keys point POWER DOWN and confirm the selection by pressing the power.
10. We take out the battery and insert ee in place.
11. Hold the volume button "-" + Power button on and wait until you see the menu.
12. Select the item and confirm selection RECOVERY power button.
13. That's all for this CWM Recovery installation has completed, click thanks
After this, you just flash SU with no problems. If you want busybox, then flash this
. It contains SU and latest BusyBox.
HOWEVER. The phone still needs SuperCID and S-OFF to be fully NAND unlocked. Until we do this, the ROM can only be permanently modified via recovery. Any modifications done in Android system are lost upon reboot. I've found nothing on how to do this with this phone. If anyone has a solution on how to achieve SuperCID and S-OFF on this phone, please share with us!
Also, I received 2 OTA updates and I can't install them because of an error regarding the following 2 files:
My guess it that they were modified by the retailer and OTA checks this. If anyone has these from the original (chinese) firmware, could you please share them?! I would really appreciate it!