Lenovo quad phones

Tip us?

cracktech
Old
(Last edited by cracktech; Today at 12:44 PM.) Reason: Latest UPDATEs
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Phone Lenovo quad phones

For LENOVO Ideaphone A880 with MT6582 Quad core issues and firmware upgrade.. Rooting for A880 model

UPDATE For 10-April-2014 version S027 for A880 has been completed by MANNUR . This is based on OTA latest

Flash TWRP recovery then flash the S027 update zip it will NOT delete the data (or installed 3rd party apps)
then flash the second portion to put in GMail /YouTube/Google calendar/Talk

Instructions and download links in PDF documents with links:
https://mega.co.nz/#!28ohVK7S!Vu5nJBQOvHQXr6FNNHRhdW3lNoIAr6oMdE4Sdki oBvs

The TWRP recovery can be flashed through MobileUncle Tool :https://mega.co.nz/#!LxJmkZII!ZAAcXW..._eeQbcHwU1N0kE

This firmware is PRE-ROOTED!
VOYO A18 OCTA CORE ,ONDA V975m_KitKat.PiPo M9Pro KASTY ROM (Version 2.0.13 KitKat-Mar-14, LENOVO A880 6inch Phablet MT6582, ZTPAD C93 Duo Core AMX CM10.2 rc-3 30-Oct-13,AIGO M60 6" Pad 4.0.4 for my Grandaughter hehe,hehe..ZENITHINK ZTPAD: Z102 And. 4.0.4, C91 And. 4.0.4,S4 Clone Quad Core MT6589 rooted And. 4.2.9 (4.2.2),BML GT-I9300 MocorDroid4.03 MT6515M_C909_HT_V14 build
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cracktech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cracktech
Old
(Last edited by cracktech; Today at 12:49 PM.) Reason: UPDATE NOTICE
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Angry The fast istallation of A880 build 020 firmware

WELCOME TO THE NEW PORT OF CALL FOR ALL A880 OWNERS, AFTER WE HAD SCOURED AROUND (and manged to find this Russian sourced firmware upto version S027 from S020) FOR THE RARE LENOVO A880 FIRMWARE WE MANAGED TO without complete GAPPS added in the TWRP zip) FIRMWARE build 027 (dated March 2014 build S027). IT IS A CUSTOM BUILD with TWRP Recoveryand correctly Rooted with working busybox.

But now there is another STABLE version from RUSSIA that is ported by a a person named MANNUR, this is the best - No random reboots, No losing 3G signals off and on, no losing SMS send operation, No chinese speaking boot up .
https://mega.co.nz/#!v4ACUSrB!iipoodR7n225AM3803c6EnBpD9lIIiK-A4GaHYQS8us This will update your firmware to S027.If you have already have TWRP recovery installed from the S020 by MANNUR (NOT by the Chinese firmware)

HAVE PROVIDED YOU WITH INSTRUCTIONs/GUIDE IN PDF FORMAT DOCUMENTS , IT HAS LINKS TO DOWNLOAD THE NECESSARY FILES FOR COMPLETE AOSP COMPATIBILITY for S027
THIS IS THE FINAL DEFINITIVE Version for A880.

PDF Documents with download links : https://mega.co.nz/#!28ohVK7S!Vu5nJBQOvHQXr6FNNHRhdW3lNoIAr6oMdE4Sdki oBvs
VOYO A18 OCTA CORE ,ONDA V975m_KitKat.PiPo M9Pro KASTY ROM (Version 2.0.13 KitKat-Mar-14, LENOVO A880 6inch Phablet MT6582, ZTPAD C93 Duo Core AMX CM10.2 rc-3 30-Oct-13,AIGO M60 6" Pad 4.0.4 for my Grandaughter hehe,hehe..ZENITHINK ZTPAD: Z102 And. 4.0.4, C91 And. 4.0.4,S4 Clone Quad Core MT6589 rooted And. 4.2.9 (4.2.2),BML GT-I9300 MocorDroid4.03 MT6515M_C909_HT_V14 build
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cracktech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cracktech
Old
(Last edited by cracktech; 14th April 2014 at 01:04 PM.) Reason: added comments/ update links
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Wink First things first - read carefully!

UPDATED to MANNUR S027 version OTA enabled _ Go to this thread to download the much talked about A880 firmware (the only STABLE and no hassle no problem S020 version ROM check regularly for other postings and newer updates) : http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-a880-5/comment-page-3/#comment-54210 MANNUR ROM (RUSSIAN Sourced not half cooked Chinese ROM)

I am not the originator of this firmware postings just part of the crowd that is finding it hard to get by without an updated and rooted firmware. Maybe after this there will be more contributors from the MT6582 forums. Since this is a popular and upcoming phablet model mostly from Middle East to the East in Asia onwards.Although I critisized the OP of the thread for posting a crippled ROM without ever following up during the first few days of his post (I called him an absentee contributor) and he got to know about it and then started to slowly release ROOTING method but nothing else.
(Superseeded by MANNUR version S027) flash the MANNUR S020 firmware ith included TWRP recovery and then Install the S027 through TWRP zip.
So first thing download the firmware and flash using the latest SPFlashTool or MTK FlashTool v5.1343.01. Immdediately after that Root it with VROOT. CONTRARY TO THE INSTRUCTIONS DONT UNINSTALL THE CHINESE SUPERUSER, IT IS A NICE AND USER FRIENDLY VERSION.
I am telling you NOT to uninstall the Chinese Superuser because it has build in facilites like System App uninstaller and others that is a premium option on SuperSU or Superuser. Anyway the freezing and uninstallation of the the Chinese Superuser is tricky even for the moderate user and installation of "busybox" if not done properly will result in you losing the internal storage use.

Afterall, all of my ROOT requiring app from Playstore ran without a hitch - RootExplorer/ROM Toolbox/RootToolbox/Zipinstaller/deviceId/BatteryCalibration to name a few.Dont have to bother about installation of busybox because it is included (I think inside their "su" binaries that is why it is a big sized "su" binaries - 300k!).

Dont do anything yet until I uploaded the Gapps and how to install it. i recommend to use this crippled firmware becasue it no matter, is an updated and newer build version of the stock build (as always)the stock should most likely be build 013 and this is build 020.

I recommend using MTK FlashTool rather than SPFlash tool,I failed to flash this damn thing with Sp flashtool but it sailed through with ease on MTKFlashtool.

The factory release MTK FlashTool equivalent and better than SPFlashtool : https://mega.co.nz/#!3wQAUR6S!zVq92u...XNcjutdULM0aYg

The latest version of VROOT : https://mega.co.nz/#!6kplUQBA!RSpZ1Q...dEMGtHAcBsx_4w

The next postings is for the installation of Gapps in a few days time and what app can safely be removed from the firmware.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cracktech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cracktech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Phone Esssential Readings

How to create scatter file ,CWM, Backup and rooting with MTK Droid Tools:
http://www.gizbeat.com/3038/new-mtk-...e-with-mt6592/

How to flash with SPFlashTool : http://www.gizbeat.com/2912/how-to-f...k6582-mtk6577/

How to create CWM recovery : http://www.gizbeat.com/3108/

ilut74
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default a880

i got the a880_s018_140102 build. the phone came pre rooted. it got supersu in it. but after a while the root is just gone. i don't know what i did. tried rooting using vroot. got root access for a while and then it's gone. so i root again then i uninstall the supersu. just used the chineese superuser. success..been 3 days and the root access still here. but i still constantly check the root access. i don't know why it was gone in the first place. the rom is stable now so if anybody would like me to make a backup, i can make backup using mtk droid tool.

delorah
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilut74 View Post
i got the a880_s018_140102 build. the phone came pre rooted. it got supersu in it. but after a while the root is just gone. i don't know what i did. tried rooting using vroot. got root access for a while and then it's gone. so i root again then i uninstall the supersu. just used the chineese superuser. success..been 3 days and the root access still here. but i still constantly check the root access. i don't know why it was gone in the first place. the rom is stable now so if anybody would like me to make a backup, i can make backup using mtk droid tool.
vroot Root access haven't disappeared since i root my phone as far as i'm concern. like u mentioned earlier, SuperSu won't work with vroot. just use the RootMaster (which is came with vroot) and it will never go away (your root). although its in chinese, just tap the green button and everything working fine
The Following User Says Thank You to delorah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cracktech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thumbs up Regarding vroot

After obtaining ROOT through VROOT process I STRONGLY urged not to install from Playstore SuperSU or Superuser (western version) since it requires installation of busybox. The wrong implementation of busybox (should it be in /bin or /xbin) will render the internal storage to be inaccessible and any update is not possible (with "insufficient storage available" message).
I love SuperSU so much in all of my Android (5x in total) that it screwed up my A880 with "insufficient storage available" messages all the time.
Anyway I was on 013 build and this one, we are fretting about is 020 version. Although without Gapps I did manage to have a fully functioning Google compatible A880 phone with full access to Playstore/Search/Gmail/Maps

The advantage of using the Chinese Superuser is it has a buildin customisable firewall, it doesnt need busybox to operate,(that is why our prerooted devices with SuperSU keeps losing root)it has build in system app uninstaller.
I am happily using the Chinese Superuser without any problems to my apps that requires root access.
The Following User Says Thank You to cracktech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

delorah
Old
Thanks Meter 2
saw sudden rise in ROMs for this phone. but is it worth to try? Gonna try that MIUI version
The Following User Says Thank You to delorah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ilut74
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by delorah View Post
saw sudden rise in ROMs for this phone. but is it worth to try? Gonna try that MIUI version
give us your opinion after u try it.

delorah
Old
Thanks Meter 2
'tried' the MIUI yesterday. i didn't actually. i followed the instruction on how to install the ROM. after installed the MobileUncle Tools i thought my phone screwed up. trying to find the recovery_A880.zip but not shown in the list. and then my apps getting the FC which is not normal. i dunno how or why but i guess i'll be waiting for another way to easily install ROMs for this phone (if there any). and i'm quite happy with the original+vroot. by the way if you're looking to update your RootMaster (vroot) from version 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 please don't. do it if only u can read chinese or doesn't mind or know what you are doing. well, i don't mind.

Tags
lenovo a880, mt6582, mt65xx, root