Bought a Galaxy Note 12.2 - mixed feelings...
Well I picked up a Note 12.2 (black/32GB) Friday and well have some mixed feelings considering the cost.
1. Need to root for more multiwindow apps
2. Chrome performance is still lacking - Googles fault, not Samsung's but figured raw performance would address it.
3. Really hate the physical home button and cap buttons more then I even thought I would. Why Samsung thinks this is a good idea beats me!
4. Really don't like that everything is scaled up in size for the larger screen. I realize it's the same resolution as my Nexus 10 but a DPI setting would have addressed this. Just makes it feel cheap and like it's for old people or kids. Need to root to change DPI...
5. Seems Samsung took big step backwards on some S Pen apps. The demos I watch for the previous Note devices work much better and more streamlined then on the Note 12.2. Really not sold on the S Pen and think mine is going back for a Tab Pro 12.2 if it's released soon otherwise maybe just a outright return.
6. Seems really stupid they hide the menu button under the multitask button (long press). I know many apps have a menu button but for those that do not this could really throw off a person who is not resourceful. This is the kind of crap that backs up the idea that an iPad is easier to use.
7. Definitely some random lag. Why does Samsung need to over bloat everything. stock Android fits in like 300MB and TW Android is like 8GB!
8. Very limited development activity!
I probably have more to say just not coming to mind yet. If I keep it I simply have to root in order to address the DPI and multi-window apps. It's an expensive device to give up warranty on... Only on day 3, we'll see how the next few go...