Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keyboard and mouse sharing with a Windows computer

Tip us?

Mada22009
Old
(Last edited by Mada22009; 1st July 2014 at 09:51 AM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Keyboard and mouse sharing with a Windows computer

Well I've bought the Note 12.2 to boost my productivity and to do that I need to share my PC's mouse and keyboard with it,

I thought of side sync however it turned out the tablet only work as a host for a phone screen and doesn't connect to a host computer.

Then I tried share KM which as far as I can tell never works, tried it on SIII, NoteII, NoteIII, Note 10.1 2014 and never got it to work, still putting hope in it and reading all the great reviews I decided to install it on my 12.2 only to find a message saying that beta test have ended please update the application with no updated version available any where.

Is there any way I can achieve keyboard and mouse sharing between my PC and my 12.2?
Any way to actually achieve that seamless integration between windows and the android tablet just as if it was an extra screen?

UPDATE

Thanks for every one who replied, to make what I need clearer please watch the following video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVvczhM5KxI

1- Samsung SideSync works when using a phone with a PC or a phone with a tablet, but not using a tablet with a laptop, which I need

2- ShareKM is abandoned and doesn't work any more.

3- Synergy is extremely buggy and takes more time to get it working than it actually operating as intended.

4- after digging deeper i found an app called take control lite, however it requires root access.

Thankfully towel root works brilliantly and doesn't trip Knox so i will try this app and update with the results.

UPDATE 2

Take Control Lite doesn't work with Note Pro for some reason it crashes every time you try to establish a connection.

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 146
I'm confused, are you looking to remotely control your tablet or are you looking to use it as a second display. For the latter I have used Air Display with limited success. I say limited because the resolution of the tablet being high the resulting scale of elements on screen is ridiculously small.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Mada22009
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
I'm confused, are you looking to remotely control your tablet or are you looking to use it as a second display. For the latter I have used Air Display with limited success. I say limited because the resolution of the tablet being high the resulting scale of elements on screen is ridiculously small.

thank you for the prompt reply
what i want is something like Samsung Sidesync for my tablet, meaning using the PC's mouse and keyboard to control my 12.2

you can watch the following video to understand it better

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Ah. I'm unaware of any working alternatives at this time. Synergy for Android doesn't work on this device as far as I can tell. It looks like ShareKM has been abandoned temporarily. Perhaps contact samsung to inquire about their intentions to support Side Sync on this tablet?

Spere
Old
Thanks Meter 48
TeamViewer to your PC and QuickSupport to Android device can do the job
The Following User Says Thank You to Spere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mada22009
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spere View Post
TeamViewer to your PC and QuickSupport to Android device can do the job
well thank you so much for the tool it seems very useful, however it is not what i was looking for, you can refer to the video i posted for a clearer idea of what i require.

thank you so much and really appreciate the help.

Spere
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mada22009 View Post
well thank you so much for the tool it seems very useful, however it is not what i was looking for, you can refer to the video i posted for a clearer idea of what i require.

thank you so much and really appreciate the help.
So if you want your Note to be like "extra monitor" I can't tell you any apps. Apps I linked earlied was to get tablet screen shown on PC and that way you can use mouse & keyboard on your device. To do kinda this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowLea
Old
(Last edited by ShadowLea; 22nd June 2014 at 02:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
thank you for the prompt reply
what i want is something like Samsung Sidesync for my tablet, meaning using the PC's mouse and keyboard to control my 12.2

you can watch the following video to understand it better

Uhm, you do know SideSync 3.0 comes pre-installed on this device?

SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spere
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
Uhm, you do know SideSync 3.0 comes pre-installed in this device?
Did you read OP:
Quote:
I thought of side sync however it turned out the tablet only work as a host for a phone screen and doesn't connect to a host computer.
ShadowLea, How many times you have been able to control your Note Pro from your PC through SideSync 3.0? I have succes percent full 0.

I can control my Note 3 with no issues but SideSync on PC wont even find my NPro, so thats it

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spere View Post
Did you read OP:

ShadowLea, How many times you have been able to control your Note Pro from your PC through SideSync 3.0? I have succes percent full 0.

I can control my Note 3 with no issues but SideSync on PC wont even find my NPro, so thats it
I did, but I assumed by 'side sync' he meant the process of side syncing, not the app SideSync. (Note the difference in names..)

I haven't given it a try at all. (As pretty obvious from the first-time launch message in the screenshot ) It's not something that is of use to me.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.