Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,633 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shall I sell my NOTE Pro 12.2 and get the Surface Pro 3?

Tip us?

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Shall I sell my NOTE Pro 12.2 and get the Surface Pro 3?

The SP3 has been announced. It is of similar weight as the Note PRO, same size, has stylus and touch screen, similar or better power consumption and run Windows. Is there any reason that I should keep the PRO 12.2 rather than trading it in for the SP3?

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Have to admit that I'm tempted as well. The only thing is that many android apps aren't available for win8.1. Although you could run android in a virtual machine...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

If CyanogenMod can add the SM-P900 to their build list, pretty sure I'd keep it...

hajime_android
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
What kind of Android apps that do not have an equivalent or superior version under Windows or Mac OS? If that SP3 were running Mac OS, I would definitely trade in.

pinky059
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime_android View Post
The SP3 has been announced. It is of similar weight as the Note PRO, same size, has stylus and touch screen, similar or better power consumption and run Windows. Is there any reason that I should keep the PRO 12.2 rather than trading it in for the SP3?

I sold mine. Not for a windows tablet though.

Just couldn't stand the lack of development for the tablet.

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 144
What's the price of the Surface Pro 3? I read somewhere that it's in the $1900 range . .

Edit: Guess thats the high end one, low end starts at $800.

nesx87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mine is on the way.. Damn. If the pen technology is the same, i will keep the note, as the surface pro will likely retail at around 750 gbp since its 800 dollars. The note pro was recently discounted thus bought it cheaper at 500 gbp. I hope the note taking is not better than the note

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

muzzy996
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Yeah the surface pro 3 is going to be a good laptop replacement. I'll stick with android though, I like my toys and want to tinker with things. When development gets going on this tablet things should be fun.

nesx87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Will it though?

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 737
It's tempting, VERY tempting, untill you take a look at this:

Intel Core i3, 64 GB storage and 4 GB of RAM—$799
Intel Core i5, 128 GB storage and 4 GB of RAM—$999
Intel Core i5, 256 GB storage and 8 GB of RAM—$1,299
Intel Core i7, 256 GB storage and 8 GB of RAM—$1,549
Intel Core i7, 512 GB storage and 8 GB of RAM—$1,949

I'd want the one I could use as a real PC, and I'd want to be able to play my Games on it. And for 1949, I'll just buy my own gaming laptop(i7 3.2Ghz, 2TB, 16GBRAM, GT740M 4GB) again and take that with me. (Size and weight are of no importance to me, what's 1.5kg on an average 40kg backpack?). And still have enough money left to buy a TabPro for portable entertainment purposes.

12.2" is not enough for my work usage (As a graphic designer I require at least 22").

Also, it runs a Intel HD 4400 integrated GPU. No way in hell am I paying 2000 quid for that nightmarish piece of rubbish! Running Photoshop CS6 on an Intel HD, as if! Also, as a serious Gamer (Skyrim, Mass Effect), it's useless.

Once it starts having serious Nvidia GPU's, I'll consider it. For now I'm more than happy with my NotePro.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nesx87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The key consideration in question is the 800 quid model