FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Sprint to start providing WiFi calls & texts!! Another OTA is on its way!

1,151 posts
Thanks Meter: 335
 
By ChadH42, Senior Member on 21st February 2014, 12:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Check this out!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02...xy-mega-first/
Last edited by ChadH42; 21st February 2014 at 12:37 PM.
 
 
21st February 2014, 01:23 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH42

Check this out!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/02...xy-mega-first/

so no more AIrwaves

sms over wifi, nice. MMS too?
21st February 2014, 03:43 PM |#3  
jtsv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks Meter: 333
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10

so no more AIrwaves

sms over wifi, nice. MMS too?

That would be awesome the service at my house sucks and the Airwave drains the already poor internet speed. The only drawback to living in an older neighborhood is the networks do not upgrade services as often.
21st February 2014, 05:15 PM |#4  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,878
 
More
Looks like its for the triband version and not the regular GS4.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2014, 09:34 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Does anyone know if it helps with incoming calls?
21st February 2014, 09:59 PM |#6  
jpkelly05's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntington Beach, California, United States
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
Ya know. GS5 comes out next week. About 1/2 of us will upgrade. That phone will have this function anyways. This and the fact GS5 will have triband... = awesome. My only problem is... um.... year old phone shouldn't be old news just yet at $470... but I have an upgrade so.... maybe.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2014, 12:09 AM |#7  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,878
 
More
Triband means no WiFi + calls (before the update), no 3G or LTE during calls. No thanks. I'll gladly stick with my GS4. Maybe these things will change if they allow 3G and 4G on the Gs5 while on a call.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

And the GS5 does NOT come out next week. Its being formally announced. Like the GS4 that was announced in Feb/March and began to sell in late May/early June. The same will be for the GS4. At the earliest April.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
22nd February 2014, 07:24 AM |#8  
JoeFCaputo113's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,551
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Triband means no WiFi + calls (before the update), no 3G or LTE during calls. No thanks. I'll gladly stick with my GS4. Maybe these things will change if they allow 3G and 4G on the Gs5 while on a call.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

And the GS5 does NOT come out next week. Its being formally announced. Like the GS4 that was announced in Feb/March and began to sell in late May/early June. The same will be for the GS4. At the earliest April.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Rumors are it will go on sale mid March actually. Just rumors though lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 10:55 AM |#9  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,878
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Rumors are it will go on sale mid March actually. Just rumors though lol.

.haven't really seen any articles on that. But thanks for the info. I'll stick to April release.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
22nd February 2014, 11:01 AM |#10  
jpkelly05's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntington Beach, California, United States
Thanks Meter: 122
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

.And the GS5 does NOT come out next week. Its being formally announced. Like the GS4 that was announced in Feb/March and began to sell in late May/early June. The same will be for the GS4. At the earliest April.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Dude... your a f'n dick. And this is old news that it is coming out in 3 weeks (Available) And yes it is being revealed next week but that is no reason to not get what I obviously meant. Ass

http://pocketnow.com/2014/02/20/galaxy-s-5-sales

no reason to be a dick dude!

If you didn't mean to come off that way I do apologize but I have seen so many trolls on here and there is no reason for it. Uncalled for drama And yes.... I could just let it go and not say a word, but you shouldn't be rude.

And you don't even have your facts right anyways either. I purchased my GS4 at Sprint May 2nd 2013.
Last edited by jpkelly05; 22nd February 2014 at 11:09 AM.
22nd February 2014, 04:06 PM |#11  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,878
 
More
Well he explicitly said that it "comes out next week". Which is wrong since on Monday it is just announced. That's one point that j am trying to make. The later part from your info looks like I am wrong as you say it will be available in 3 weeks .

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Okay so I had the purchase date of the gs4 off by 2 weeks. I ordered mine like may 22 and received it about a week later.


One last thing. I'm not a troll at all. Look at my profile. I've got 7000+ posts and 2100+ thanks. I may come off harsh sometimes (not saying like right now), but with certain things that have already been answered and discussed it gets tiring seeing the same thing over and over again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Last edited by daniel4653; 22nd February 2014 at 04:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes