FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Official MF9 tar is up~!

1,078 posts
Thanks Meter: 520
 
By optimummind, Senior Member on 23rd July 2013, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
You can download the official Sprint Galaxy S4 MF9 update tar files here~!!

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SPH-L720
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to optimummind For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
23rd July 2013, 10:18 PM |#2  
Unknownforce's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,306
 
Donate to Me
More
Here as well.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...ode=0#firmware
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unknownforce For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2013, 04:37 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 331
 
More
I haven't finished downloading yet or unzipping to see if the file is correct but the zipped file size sends a bit small for an official ROM. Also, they package the kernel separately? That's weird.
31st July 2013, 02:37 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Has anyone used these?
Flash the SPR-L720VPUAMF9-20130626162512.zip via TWRP ?
Then the KERNEL-SPR-L720VPUAMF9-1372121308.tar is flashed via Odin?
31st July 2013, 07:35 PM |#5  
optimummind's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange, CA
Thanks Meter: 520
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggz2k

Has anyone used these?
Flash the SPR-L720VPUAMF9-20130626162512.zip via TWRP ?
Then the KERNEL-SPR-L720VPUAMF9-1372121308.tar is flashed via Odin?

I used it myself and it worked very well. For me, a fresh MF9 flash via PC Odin was more stable and smoother than doing the MDL to MF9 update.

If you flash the full MF9 tar, you don't need to go back and flash the kernel tar.
The Following User Says Thank You to optimummind For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2013, 10:29 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thank you!
I am on MDL w/ many mods.
I guess I am gonna have to go this route, although, phone is working as I like.
But, I guess I have to continue to move forward?
Sigh, I also will guess after doing this will wipe out everything, and I have to start all over.
Definitely gonna perform a fullbackup first, and then remove my ext. sdram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimummind

I used it myself and it worked very well. For me, a fresh MF9 flash via PC Odin was more stable and smoother than doing the MDL to MF9 update.

If you flash the full MF9 tar, you don't need to go back and flash the kernel tar.

1st August 2013, 02:22 AM |#7  
Androidious's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NE
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Does one lose root and custom recovery if flashed either via odin or via cwm/twrp?

I should say, can i still flash supersu if i flash this file or do i have to reroot/unlock my phone again?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by Androidious; 1st August 2013 at 02:50 AM.
1st August 2013, 06:50 AM |#8  
optimummind's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange, CA
Thanks Meter: 520
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidious

Does one lose root and custom recovery if flashed either via odin or via cwm/twrp?

I should say, can i still flash supersu if i flash this file or do i have to reroot/unlock my phone again?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, you'll lose root and custom recovery. After flashing this, use Odin again to flash a custom recovery then flash SuperSU within custom recovery to gain back root.
1st August 2013, 09:54 AM |#9  
amwworks's Avatar
Senior Member
Cleveland OH
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Is it possible for someone to make a NOData version. (Got kind of spoiled from the E4GT)

Sent from The Plantation
3rd August 2013, 08:28 PM |#10  
chriswbush's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 248
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimummind

Yes, you'll lose root and custom recovery. After flashing this, use Odin again to flash a custom recovery then flash SuperSU within custom recovery to gain back root.

I noticed the link you posted is for a stock mf9 firmware zip and kernel is a tar, where do I get the stock mf9 firmware tar?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to chriswbush For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes