But now I figured out another way. However, I'm not sure if it will work and as I said I don't really like to take the risk. So I hope someone can tell me whether this will work or not.
What I do is intercept the request PCC makes to check if there are updates, modify the customization number and pass it through. The customization number I changed it to has already an update available, so PCC says that there is a new update available. Now I don't have the guts to actually click 'update', because I don't know if it will actually install the right way... maybe I break my phone with this or would it just install the update and will I be done?
- Download and Install WebScarab (At the end you can keep clicking next, but it won't do anything... just click quit it's installed)
- Navigate to the folder where it is installed and start it
- On the tab 'Intercept' check the box before 'Intercept requests'
- Open PCC and connect the phone
- Open PCC settings, click the 'proxy-settings' button or something like that
- Check 'manual proxy configuration' and fill in the adress '127.0.0.1' with port '8008'
- Close all the dialogs
- Click 'This phone/tablet is up-to-date' to let PCC check for updates
- WebScarab will now intercept the request and a window for that will pop up
- Click on the 'raw' tab in that window and in the url change the 'cdfId' from 1272-4709 to 1272-4902
- Voila... New Update available.... but will it work when I actually click install?