Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: does your 4.4.2 custom rom freeze from time to time?
yes 5 83.33%
no 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] freezes on 4.4.2 custom roms / kernels

Tip us?

paratox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Question [Q] freezes on 4.4.2 custom roms / kernels

on the latest d802 4.4.2 custom roms and kernels i get a lot of freezes.
it will freeze in the middle of an animation and will take some seconds up to some minutes and then working normal again.
sometimes i have to hard-reboot to get out of freeze / lag.
on older 4.4.2 slimroms i never had this behavior, only since some weeks with new roms / kernels.
i`ve tried every rom / kernel combo but sooner or later i will get a freeze again.

could a revert to stock and re-rooting / flashing custom rom maybe a solution? i`m afraid to do this because of the long time to backup my 32gb data.

what are your experiences with the latest 4.4.2 roms and kernels? did you find a solution for this with any combo or fixes?

help would be appreciated.
LG-G3 - LG-G2 - N4 - N10 - HOX
The Following User Says Thank You to paratox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paratox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
push! no one else with same problems? maybe i got a hardware defect?

flyinj54
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by paratox View Post
push! no one else with same problems? maybe i got a hardware defect?
The only thing I can say is I own the VS980 version of the device and i've tried every single 4.4 rom offered on this sight and have the same issue with all. Most of the time i'm using the device and it freezes, sometimes reboots, and sometimes comes out of it after a few minutes. Also not being able to wake the device only seeing a black screen and forced to hard reboot device. 4.3 seems to be a much better with these issues but not completely solved for me. I'm hoping the release of 4.4 source from lg will fix these issues but i'm unsure. So at least your not alone in these problems lol. I've tried multiple kernels and governors etc. Bumping up the min freq on the cpu seems to help and changing to interactive governor but doesn't eliminate the issue just help. I thought my next move would be to use lg flash tool and update to latest firmware reroot and install cwm.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyinj54 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paratox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinj54 View Post
I thought my next move would be to use lg flash tool and update to latest firmware reroot and install cwm.
i think i will do the same today after work. hopefully this helps.
the better option would be to stay some days on stock rom to ensure there is no hardware defect. but i can`t stand stock so this would be a hard route! ^_^

flyinj54
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by paratox View Post
i think i will do the same today after work. hopefully this helps.
the better option would be to stay some days on stock rom to ensure there is no hardware defect. but i can`t stand stock so this would be a hard route! ^_^
Yea unfortunately it seems very common among these devices so i'm pretty confident it's a software issue although i'm not 100% sure of that. I ran a flex rom for a few days on 4.2.2 and didn't have any of the same issues.

paratox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 137
added a poll as a matter of interest.

ocankurt
Old
Thanks Meter 7
omni-ROM, Mokee rom, vanir rom etc.freezing problem still continues.
The Following User Says Thank You to ocankurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lubirdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Using CM11 (4.4.2) for 5 days with zero freezes so far.. note that this is on D800, not 802.
The Following User Says Thank You to lubirdy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flyinj54
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubirdy View Post
Using CM11 (4.4.2) for 5 days with zero freezes so far.. note that this is on D800, not 802.
Stock cm11 kernel?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

lubirdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinj54 View Post
Stock cm11 kernel?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
Yes, stock cm kernel.

I'm thinking back now and it did freeze once when first signing into the Google account immediately after flashing the ROM, but nothing after that. So.. nearly spotless