Firmware differences

Tip us?

inphamous36
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 204

DONATE TO ME
Default Firmware differences

Hello, I am getting a galaxy note 10.1 tomorrow.

I believe I will be getting the p600 model. Is it safe to flash 601 and 605 files?

Is it like the galaxy s4 in regards to you can flash other model numbers roms, you just have to flash a kernel for your device afterwards?

Any clarification wold be appreciated.

All i have to do is flash a recovery with odin correct? I know this will trip know, I don't really care about that.

Once I have a custom recovery I flash the rom of my choice and or superuser?

nickwarn
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by inphamous36 View Post

I believe I will be getting the p600 model. Is it safe to flash 601 and 605 files?

Is it like the galaxy s4 in regards to you can flash other model numbers roms, you just have to flash a kernel for your device afterwards?

All i have to do is flash a recovery with odin correct? I know this will trip know, I don't really care about that.

In S4 case you can only flash the versions that have the same hardware, if I remember correct. And P605 has a completely different processor, its a Qualcomm. But you should be able to use 601 firmware, but you can probably excpect some problems. I remember on the N8000 we flashed N8010 firmware and vice versa and they worked, but there was battery drain because of files looking for 3G signal when there was no hardware for it. And it had some exchange problems, it said no network even if wifi was active. And so on....
But no harm ever came to any device, no bricks as long as it had the same hardware base.
Nexus 5- Vanir Nightlies
Sony Xperia Z - Paranoid Android ( Still under my roof as I gave it to my son )
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE- Rooted
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android

Retired Android Phones: Nexus one, HTC Legend, SE X10, HTC Desire, Galaxy S I9000, HTC Desire HD, Nexus S, SGS 2, SGS 3, SGS 4, Nexus 4
Retired Android Tablets: Archos 70IT, Toshiba Folio, POV Mobii 10.1, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500, Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000

nrage23
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by inphamous36 View Post

You only flash roms based on you device. The 600 and 601 are similar with exception of the 3g radio. The 605 is completely different.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium HD app
Phone:

LG G2 (Verizon)
HTC One Max (Verizon)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Nvidia Shield

Asus Transformer Book T100 64gb
Windows 8.1

Retired Phones: Droid DNA, HTC Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4g
Retired Tablets: Archos 5, Huwaei S7, Viewsonic G Tab, Acer A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy 7 Plus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2013., Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4