[Q] Updates working?

Search This thread

cavaliersa

Jan 10, 2014
Johannesburg
I've been using Omni since roughly the middle of December. I've been making use of the opendelta updates...but these have stopped working since 2014-02-17. I check for updates and it tells me Your system is up to date :confused:

My phone is a N7100 (Note 2)...note sure what other information is relevant here.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I've been using Omni since roughly the middle of December. I've been making use of the opendelta updates...but these have stopped working since 2014-02-17. I check for updates and it tells me Your system is up to date :confused:

My phone is a N7100 (Note 2)...note sure what other information is relevant here.

Hmm, possibly the removal of the 2/18 nightly screwed up the system.

Try manually updating to see if it restarts.

Reactions: cavaliersa

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I know that the Xperia ZL updates don't automagically flash... (they download on the internal sdcard drive, but attempt to flash from the external sdcard drive...)

That doesn't seem to be the issue you're describing though...

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I know that the Xperia ZL updates don't automagically flash... (they download on the internal sdcard drive, but attempt to flash from the external sdcard drive...)

That doesn't seem to be the issue you're describing though...

Browse to the internal in TWRP and they should autoflash then.

I need to look into fixing TWRP's default search path when flashing via a script.

cavaliersa

Jan 10, 2014
Johannesburg

After updating to 2/22 manually the next updates (2/23) was picked up...when prompted to Flash Now I did so but now the update did not go through automatically as it had/has been for the previous month or so. Browsing to the update and selecting to install it manually worked.

I had success going into TWRP Recovery mode and unchecking the zip file signature verification box. Once I did that, the autoupdates started to work again.
I'll have a look at this when 2/24 comes out today.

Ancientsthe

Nov 1, 2012
Have the same problem "updates not working issue" when I did rollback to quickly solve the wifi issue on 18 feb.
See also my thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2652796

I see stil see the
omni-4.4.2-20140218-n7100-NIGHTLY.zip.md5sum
file.

Can somebody remove this md5 file so i don't have to do a manual update?
This will resolve the update not working issue.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

hichem jerbi

Jan 1, 2014
marsa
help

After updating to 2/22 manually the next updates (2/23) was picked up...when prompted to Flash Now I did so but now the update did not go through automatically as it had/has been for the previous month or so. Browsing to the update and selecting to install it manually worked.

I'll have a look at this when 2/24 comes out today.

can you please tell me how to manually update omnirom, thanks

cavaliersa

Jan 10, 2014
Johannesburg
Sorry for not answer hichem but at least I see you came right.

To report back though...update went through smoothly last night.

A small (related) thing that has been bugging me though with Opendelta updates is that sometimes it takes a few Check now presses before it finds something...then it will stop and report that your system is up to date after having verified the update file you presently have and downloading the update file...press Check now again and it now patches the file before reporting that there is an update and you can flash.

Any reason to this behaviour?

hichem jerbi

Jan 1, 2014
marsa
Just download the lastest version from
http://dl.omnirom.org/

and go into recovery mode to install the update omnirom you just downloaded

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Thanks man,,it's done.

But after installing 24/02 update manually,,today's update 25/02 couldn't be installed automaticly !!! Any idea how to fix it ??

Resolved :) ,, just set install from internal storage in install mode of twrp

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.