Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 38,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting/Unrooting and custom/Stock recovery without SP Flash Tool noob friendly

Tip us?

nice_guy75
Old
(Last edited by nice_guy75; 23rd May 2014 at 08:16 AM.) Reason: Framaroot link updated.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Default Rooting/Unrooting and custom/Stock recovery without SP Flash Tool noob friendly

Ok I am posting a simple tutorial to Root your Canvas HD and flash Custom Recovery without using SP Flash Tool. Sometimes it is very difficult for newbies to get proper driver and correct version of SP flash tool. Some users scared to use SP Flash Tool. So here is the solution.

Requirements:
1. Canvas HD of course
2. Framaroot application
3. Root Checker to check if your device is Rooted or not.
4. CWM v6.0.3.3 OR CWM v6.0.3.0 OR TWRP v2.5.0.0 or TWRP v2.6.3.0 or CWM v6.0.4.0 (Touch Based) or CWM v6.0.4.0
5. MobileUncle MTK Tools v2.9.8

Procedure:
1. Download the Framaroot application form the above link and transfer it to SD card
2. Now go to Settings>Security and put check mark on Unknown Soruces
3. Now use file manager and browse to the location where you have placed Framaroot Application
4. Install it and open it. Now Select "Install SuperSU" and hit Boromir.
5. Now go to Play Store and search for Super User and install it after opening it might ask to update SU.bin, hit yes and then "Normal"
6. Reboot your Device.
7. Check with Root Checker, if your device is rooted or not.
8. If it is rooted, download MobileUncle and install it, remember it require root access to work properly.
9. Now download any custom Recovery i.e. CWM or TWRP from the above link and rename it to recovery.img and place it in the root of SD card.
10. Now open MobileUncle and tap on Update Recovery it will automatically search the img file, you just have to select and confirm it. Then it will ask to boot your device into custom recovery tap on yes.
11. Your device would be booted into custom recovery.

Congrats your device is now rooted and flashed with Custom Recovery, now you can flash any custom ROM and now you have full control over your device.

How to Full Unroot and flash stock Recovery:
1. Download this stock Recovery file.
2. Rename the file to Recovery.img and place it in the root of SD Card.
3. Now open MobileUncle and tap on Recovery Update, it will search the file by itself, you just have to select the file and confirm.
4. It will then ask whether you want to boot into recovery, if you want to confirm you can tap on yes otherwise its not required.
5. Now open SuperSU and go to settings, scroll down to Full Unroot and tap on it. The process would be finished within 1 or 2 secs now you are on Stock v4.2.1 that too unrooted.

Now your warranty is intact you can go to service center for any help from them

Very Important: I am just trying to help you guys, I am not responsible for anything that might go wrong, follow this tutorial at your own risk.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to nice_guy75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adi_sat123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
this method works for sure ...right???
coz i have a friend who wants to root his new HD and we are on a trip with no computers....So....
it's working right...
X-Fan Of Sony
Sony Ericsson W200i > Sony Ericsson K850i > Xperia Sola

and Now
>>>Micromax Canvas HD
Canvas 4 ROM by @keanu ritz
Xperia Launcher with widgets, SONY walkman Album, viper 4 android fx, x-reality, Xposed, proj-Xtreme....AWESOME FONE Blazing fast

nice_guy75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sat123 View Post
this method works for sure ...right???
coz i have a friend who wants to root his new HD and we are on a trip with no computers....So....
it's working right...
I have first tried it then I have posted this tutorial, you can try it by yourself.

realberti
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Works 100% for me on my Mobistel Cynus T5..Thanks...

adi_sat123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
working like a champ thanks
X-Fan Of Sony
Sony Ericsson W200i > Sony Ericsson K850i > Xperia Sola

and Now
>>>Micromax Canvas HD
Canvas 4 ROM by @keanu ritz
Xperia Launcher with widgets, SONY walkman Album, viper 4 android fx, x-reality, Xposed, proj-Xtreme....AWESOME FONE Blazing fast

abhishekjain.ims
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_guy75 View Post
Ok I am posting a simple tutorial to Root your Canvas HD and flash Custom Recovery without using SP Flash Tool. Sometimes it is very difficult for newbies to get proper driver and correct version of SP flash tool. Some users scared to use SP Flash Tool. So here is the solution.

Requirements:
1. Canvas HD of course
2. Framaroot application
3. Root Checker to check if your device is Rooted or not.
4. CWM v6.0.3.3 OR CWM v6.0.3.0 OR TWRP v2.5.0.0
5. MobileUncle MTK Tools v2.9.3

Procedure:
1. Download the Framaroot application form the above link and transfer it to SD card
2. Now go to Settings>Security and put check mark on Unknown Soruces
3. Now use file manager and browse to the location where you have placed Framaroot Application
4. Install it and open it. Now Select "Install SuperSU" and hit Boromir.
5. Reboot your Device.
5. Check with Root Checker, if your device is rooted or not.
6. If it is rooted, download MobileUncle and install it, remember it require root access to work properly.
7. Now download any custom Recovery i.e. CWM or TWRP from the above link and rename it to recovery.img and place it in the root of SD card.
8. Now open MobileUncle and tap on Update Recovery it will automatically search the img file, you just have to select and confirm it. Then it will ask to boot your device into custom recovery tap on yes.
9. Your device would be booted into custom recovery.

Congrats your device is now rooted and flashed with Custom Recovery, now you can flash any custom ROM and now you have full control over your device.

How to Full Unroot and flash stock Recovery:
1. Download this stock Recovery file.
2. Rename the file to Recovery.img and place it in the root of SD Card.
3. Now open MobileUncle and tap on Recovery Update, it will search the file by itself, you just have to select the file and confirm.
4. It will then ask whether you want to boot into recovery, if you want to confirm you can tap on yes otherwise its not required.
5. Now open SuperSU and go to settings, scroll down to Full Unroot and tap on it. The process would be finished within 1 or 2 secs now you are on Stock v4.2.1 that too unrooted.

Now your warranty is intact you can go to service center for any help from them

Note: It will install SuperSU v1.34 but v1.51 is also released, so you can upgrade your SuperSU by flashing the zip via custom recovery.

Very Important: I am just trying to help you guys, I am not responsible for anything that might go wrong, follow this tutorial at your own risk.
Will this trick work on Canvas 2 too..??
TalentsFromIndia - An Android Application Development Company

Hit THANKS if I helped you anyway

BlueVirus
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Default Thank you.....

It works!!!!
Thank you OP....
Micromax Canvas 4 A210 powered by Canvas4Turbo
"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do that"

nice_guy75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjain.ims View Post
Will this trick work on Canvas 2 too..??
I don't have Canvas 2 so I cant tell you. Frameroot should work on Canvas 2 as well but not sure about recovery.img.

abhishekjain.ims
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_guy75 View Post
I don't have Canvas 2 so I cant tell you. Frameroot should work on Canvas 2 as well but not sure about recovery.img.
Ok...it did..1 of my friend successfully completed this trick..thanks
TalentsFromIndia - An Android Application Development Company

Hit THANKS if I helped you anyway

Sunny37886
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceaf5 View Post
I have first tried it then I have posted this tutorial, you can try it by yourself.
What to do after 9th step....after selectng image nd confirming it...phone goes into
Recovero...blak screeb appears with some points written on it...
Thn it will reboot automatically or i hav to manually select reeboot optiob by pressing volume keys nd thn pressing power button fr trbooting....m i right ...??