Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Titanium Backup Restoring App Restores Forever

OP FusiveR

2nd August 2013, 07:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

26 posts
Trying to restore a system app which I un-installed and the spinning circle just spins and spins. I've watched it spin for about 15 minutes now.

I tried setting "App Processing" to each of the modes, default, interactive and classic but that doesn't seem to change anything. "Install from unknown sources" is checked in my system settings.

Any suggestions?

If it helps, this is on a JB LG P769 (T-Mobile) with link2sd installed (ext3 partition).

Thanks.
Last edited by FusiveR; 2nd August 2013 at 07:48 PM.
2nd August 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 44

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusiveR

Trying to restore a system app which I un-installed and the spinning circle just spins and spins. I've watched it spin for about 15 minutes now.

I tried setting "App Processing" to each of the modes, default, interactive and classic but that doesn't seem to change anything. "Install from unknown sources" is checked in my system settings.

Any suggestions?

If it helps, this is on a JB LG P769 (T-Mobile) with link2sd installed (ext3 partition).

Thanks.

Titanium Backup does that from time to time. Just force stop it and retry.

sent from my locked rooted P769 v20f
I'm on YouTube (BioDesigner48)
3rd August 2013, 01:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

26 posts
Actually all I had to do was reboot the device and the apps were there. It seems like titanium backup was successful in restoring but just wasn't reporting it as such.
25th February 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
issue with superuser
Maybe posting here is close to necrophilia, but I had a similar problem (which did not get solved by rebooting) and this thread was the first to show up in google search. If the problems below seem familar to you, maybe this will help.

Problems:
- Uninstall Apps via Titanium (free) did not work properly, they always came back after the next reboot.
- Restore froze / took forever.
- Granted su-right several to dozens of times while creating backups.

Fix:
May sound stupid, but the SU (integrated in cyanogen 11) was outdated. That's it. Installed SuperSU and now it works fine.

Note:
Titanium Backup notes the outdated SU on first start and displays a warning message. But if you skip it without reading, then it's good luck searching.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread