XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 charging cable survey

Tip us?

DevilDog512
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Default Note 3 charging cable survey

So I've had to replace my charging cable twice. Both only lasted a matter of days then completely stopped working. Never went back to sprint for a 3rd. I put no stress on the port connections and was especially careful with the second one. Luckily the S4 style works. Anyway, I'm curious if this is just bad luck on my part or if there's an issue with this design. If there are enough affirmatives I'll post this on all the other Note 3 forums and get some kinda petition together to get Samsung to provide a free solution. A Google search seemed to indicate there might be an issue. Thanks for your participation and please, if yours works fine don't post on here. It's completely unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

DarkManX4lf
Old
Thanks Meter 275
I'd like to know too. I haven't used my Note 3 charging cable. I just use the tons of micro USB cable I have laying around.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkManX4lf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

snowride20
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I feel like only asking people to post if the charging cable doesn't work will not provide good data for your survey. If your numbers were to show that out of let's say a group of 100 note 3 users that only 20 have a problem with their cable it is most likely just bad luck. But if it showed 80 of that group had some sort of failure you would have a leg to stand on when trying to get Samsung to conduct some mass replacement. Good luck in your venture. I have a feeling more people have had no problems or it would have been heard about already. My cable works fine by the way and I have had it since the day the phone was released on sprint.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to snowride20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DevilDog512
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Just wanted base not working numbers for now before I make anything out of it. I'm at a loss why 2 would stop working in a matter of weeks. Thought it was the phone at first but all the micro USB work fine. It's not an issue since my computer doesn't have v3 usb connections but it's the principality of it. I should have went back to sprint but it's just a hassle to go through.

DevilDog512
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
Want to add that it may be related to newer version of phone. No clue. I got mine in jan and it came with MJ4. Don't know that there are any differences besides firmwares. Like I said, just testing the waters.

LumenHelios
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Mine died within 1 or 2 months, I decided to purchase one from Amazon basics I went for the 9 foot cable; thus far I have had zero problems except for having to shave off a bit on the edges in order to get the cable to fit through the opening on the case.

was going to post the amazon link but it won't let me until I make 10 posts or something
AmazonBasics USB Cable - 3.0 A Male to Micro B (9 Feet / 2.7 Meters)

I also got one f these for the car from amazon, works perfectly
PowerGen White Dual USB 4.2A (20W) Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices
by POWERGEN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-13 00.08.23.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	2627920  
The Following User Says Thank You to LumenHelios For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DevilDog512
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 136
That's cool but on a 500 dollar phone we shouldn't have to buy anything within first couple months.