Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using HDMI out

Tip us?

foxorroxors
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Using HDMI out

Got one of those m-hdmi to normal HDMI adapters, it works great but I was wondering if the tn7 can out put higher than the 1280x800 the notes screen is to the TV? Or does it just detect and output the highest Res any way? Also does anyone know how to make the image fit the whole screen? I've got bars on the sides and top/bottom. First time I've used a tabs HDMI out =/

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using XDA Premium HD app

rchrdcrg
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxorroxors View Post
Got one of those m-hdmi to normal HDMI adapters, it works great but I was wondering if the tn7 can out put higher than the 1280x800 the notes screen is to the TV? Or does it just detect and output the highest Res any way? Also does anyone know how to make the image fit the whole screen? I've got bars on the sides and top/bottom. First time I've used a tabs HDMI out =/

At the moment, you'll only get 1080p output if you watch a 1080p video. I was really hoping they were going to add Console Mode with full 1080p output with the 4.4 update, but alas... nope!

As for the image not fitting the TV, the tablet's display is actually 16:10 at 1280x800 and not 16:9 at 1280x720, so the image doesn't quite fit. It's kinda stupid since even my old Acer A500 tablet had a 16:10 screen but adjusted the output to fit 16:9. Long story short, though, is that it is what it is, and there's not really anything that can be done besides hoping and waiting for Nvidia to iron it out (or for a dev to fix it with a custom ROM some day).

Ouzo
Old
(Last edited by Ouzo; 25th February 2014 at 05:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxorroxors View Post

If you don't want the bars on either side of the screen, you need to roll back to the original 4.2.2 firmware. Using that firmware, if you use a movie player like MX Player, when a film is playing, pinch to 'zoom' in on the film. As you do so the the edge of the film will disappear off the edge of the tablet's screen, but it will zoom in to fit the edges of the TV's screen, if you see what I mean. You will also find playback under 4.2 much smoother, whereas now you may experience micro stutters as though the movie is dropping frames or running at less than 24fps. If you search for Tegra Note Connectivity you'll find a thread I made with more info. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566828

Sadly 4.3 and 4.4 broke this rather cool zooming feature.

B