Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,563 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying To Root MK2 (4.3)...No Luck, PLEASE HELP!

Tip us?

alias4ever
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Question Trying To Root MK2 (4.3)...No Luck, PLEASE HELP!

I have tried and tried to root my S4 with MK2 (aka 4.3) but have had no luck. I have read and re-read for a good portion of today and yesterday before finally posting this message.

I have tried the saferoot method and most of the time it just sits on Sending files to your device... (I've let it sit for a good 10 minutes here) and every once in a while it will say that Root has failed, something about Permissions denied.

I have tried Kingo Root and Root also fails there. I have uninstalled and re-installed drivers but have had no luck with that either. I would love to get this rooted so that I can do the KitKat Root workaround here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=mf3

Can anyone help me? I updated my S4 from 4.2.2 (MF3) using Odin to the MK2 (4.3). Honestly I am a bit frustrated and really truly hope someone out there can help me.

Yes, I have done the USB debugging enabled too. This is not my first time rooting as I have rooted my tablet (Asus TF201) as well as my Samsung S2 Skyrocket with no problems on those ones.

Thanks!

MasterSe7en
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias4ever View Post
I have tried and tried to root my S4 with MK2 (aka 4.3) but have had no luck. I have read and re-read for a good portion of today and yesterday before finally posting this message.

I have tried the saferoot method and most of the time it just sits on Sending files to your device... (I've let it sit for a good 10 minutes here) and every once in a while it will say that Root has failed, something about Permissions denied.

I have tried Kingo Root and Root also fails there. I have uninstalled and re-installed drivers but have had no luck with that either. I would love to get this rooted so that I can do the KitKat Root workaround here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&highlight=mf3

Can anyone help me? I updated my S4 from 4.2.2 (MF3) using Odin to the MK2 (4.3). Honestly I am a bit frustrated and really truly hope someone out there can help me.

Yes, I have done the USB debugging enabled too. This is not my first time rooting as I have rooted my tablet (Asus TF201) as well as my Samsung S2 Skyrocket with no problems on those ones.

Thanks!

Very very easy bud, ummm im not sure if im supposed to post outside links, but here is what youre looking for, just download saferoot and run the .bat file
Code:
http://wccftech.com/root-galaxy-s4-vruemk2-android-4-3/
sorry if im not supposed to post outside links i cant remember in the rules, if i cant please just remove the link and im very sorry
AT&T HTC One M8
Gunmetal Gray
Zagg Glass Tempered glass Screen Protector
64GB Samsung Ultra Class 10 SD Card

Rom: Viper One currently
Recovery: Philz as usual
S-OFF: Pssh yeah
Rooted: ^ Duhh

Bought M8.....Bought S5.....Sold S5....Love M8 ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterSe7en For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias4ever View Post

Thanks!
Did you make sure the adb drivers are installed? Make sure it shows up if you type "adb devices" while in whatever folder adb is (i believe saferoot includes it, so just check that). Also make sure you accepted the prompts on your phone to trust the computer and what ever else comes up.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MasterSe7en
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Did you make sure the adb drivers are installed? Make sure it shows up if you type "adb devices" while in whatever folder adb is (i believe saferoot includes it, so just check that). Also make sure you accepted the prompts on your phone to trust the computer and what ever else comes up.
yah what sin said, im pretty sure saferoot comes with the drivers, the .bat file will tell you everything you need to do, also on your phone it will ask you to accept your pc's RSA Key, also make sure you goto Settings/"more" tab/about device then goto build number and just keep tapping it with your finger until it tells you developer options have been enabled, then back out of that menu and youll see a new menu called you guessed it "Developer options" then make sure its on, theres a toggle switch at the top, and then make sure there is a check box on USB Debugging, after you do that just go ahead and connect the phone to your PC and run the install.bat.

Happy Rooting
AT&T HTC One M8
Gunmetal Gray
Zagg Glass Tempered glass Screen Protector
64GB Samsung Ultra Class 10 SD Card

Rom: Viper One currently
Recovery: Philz as usual
S-OFF: Pssh yeah
Rooted: ^ Duhh

Bought M8.....Bought S5.....Sold S5....Love M8 ^_^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterSe7en For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevp75
Old
Thanks Meter 721

DONATE TO ME
also... make sure u have the samsung drivers installed... and instead of just dbl clicking the .bat file... right click it and run as administrator.

i had to do that

Sent from my Deadly Venom SS 3.0 S4 ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF
Rockin' it from my o7th S5 Edition v1.3 Galaxy S4 I337 Rom

~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF
Check me out online @ http://kevin.pirnie.us
The Following User Says Thank You to kevp75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alias4ever
Old
(Last edited by alias4ever; 29th March 2014 at 10:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevp75 View Post
also... make sure u have the samsung drivers installed... and instead of just dbl clicking the .bat file... right click it and run as administrator.

i had to do that

Sent from my Deadly Venom SS 3.0 S4 ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF
Thank you all for your help. I went to run it. I have Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium. When I right click on it and run as administrator, it is now coming up with the message error: More than one device and emulator over and over again. I have nothing running in the background. In fact I went into Task Manager and killed everything in the background. I have the adb drivers as it shows up under my C: drive. I also just rooted my Mothers TF201 (Asus Transformer Prime) and needed ADB drivers installed for that so unless they use different ADB drivers. I'll google search it and re-install them. Anyone else have some suggestions.

Thanks again!

Edit: By the way do I need to put the saferoot folder somewhere specific on my computer like in the adb folder or something? I just have it on my downloads folder on my desktop.

alias4ever
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
I GOT IT, I GOT IT, I GOT IT! Thank you all so much for all your help! I don't know what I did but when it kept giving me the error message I just ignored it for a while and it just started going all the sudden. That's okay by me I'll take it!

Thanks again all, I LOVE XDA, so helpful and wonderfully patient!

The Following User Says Thank You to alias4ever For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]