Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,394 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SD card appears as only 48MB. how come?

Tip us?

puwa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] SD card appears as only 48MB. how come?

Hi, seems like my One S's sdcard partition has corrupted. been using TWRP 2.500 and recently upadted to 2.6.30 to use the new Maximus Rom. During the rom installation, I wiped the sdcard sectrion by mistake so I couldn't get to flash the zip file, then, I've tried multiple times of recovery.img flashings via RUU mode or on the bootloader screen. Finally when I got the TWRP recovery mode again, it says the sdcard folder only accepts 48 MB so I cannot push any custom roms since they are bigger than 500MB... Any ideas? Should I send it to the repair shops? Please Help!! Thank you!

FYI, my phone was

Tampered, Unlocked, S-off
also, when I press mount button on TWRP, this list appears
Cache
Data
Internal SDcard
System
USB-OTG

but I select Internal SD, the computer says the removable disk has only 48MB of available space.(I wiped it multiple times!)

tominozh
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by puwa View Post
Hi, seems like my One S's sdcard partition has corrupted. been using TWRP 2.500 and recently upadted to 2.6.30 to use the new Maximus Rom. During the rom installation, I wiped the sdcard sectrion by mistake so I couldn't get to flash the zip file, then, I've tried multiple times of recovery.img flashings via RUU mode or on the bootloader screen. Finally when I got the TWRP recovery mode again, it says the sdcard folder only accepts 48 MB so I cannot push any custom roms since they are bigger than 500MB... Any ideas? Should I send it to the repair shops? Please Help!! Thank you!

FYI, my phone was

Tampered, Unlocked, S-off
also, when I press mount button on TWRP, this list appears
Cache
Data
Internal SDcard
System
USB-OTG

but I select Internal SD, the computer says the removable disk has only 48MB of available space.(I wiped it multiple times!)
Omg. Why the people dont read op before they are going to flash new Rom. Just follow the instructions.

Sent from my HTC One S
Devices:
HTC One M8 - current
HTC One S -sold
HTC Hero - still working, still my backup phone

puwa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominozh View Post
Omg. Why the people dont read op before they are going to flash new Rom. Just follow the instructions.

Sent from my HTC One S
Could you please tell me at least it's repairable or not? I want your help..
Also, I wonder what part I missed so it happened...hmm

tominozh
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by puwa View Post
Could you please tell me at least it's repairable or not? I want your help..
Also, I wonder what part I missed so it happened...hmm
Yes, don't sweat it. It is repairable.

It's hard for my to tell what you missed, because you didn't write what you did. So just follow installation instructions in the first post of maximus Rom. (flash new firmware, modified recovery, then Rom).

Sent from my HTC One S
Devices:
HTC One M8 - current
HTC One S -sold
HTC Hero - still working, still my backup phone
The Following User Says Thank You to tominozh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

puwa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominozh View Post
Yes, don't sweat it. It is repairable.

It's hard for my to tell what you missed, because you didn't write what you did. So just follow installation instructions in the first post of maximus Rom. (flash new firmware, modified recovery, then Rom).

Sent from my HTC One S

thank you! so, for flashing a new firmware, what would be a good firmware to start? any recommendations? i tried the firmware.zip in the install kit but not worked. same 48MB limit on the /sdcard/. any ideas?

gelo01
Old
Thanks Meter 282
Just follow this. It worked for almost all of us..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45621060
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gelo01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

puwa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelo01 View Post

GRT!! Thanks so much for saving my LIFE!!
The Following User Says Thank You to puwa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GabeyC
Old
(Last edited by GabeyC; 1st October 2013 at 07:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelo01 View Post

All of these steps work for me except flashing the recovery as a ZIP. I get the wrong CID error (code 42 if i remember correctly). Thing is, I flash the .img directly usign fastboot flash recovery and that works but then the install process says, in android, transfer ROM. At this point, I don't have access to the SD card and the ROM is not in my sd card (it was wiped anyway?)

*EDIT*
Ok I changed my CID to 1111111 and now it works to flash the firmware. I still get partitions errors it seems though.

What I did is flash the stock recovery, clear storage, factory reset, reflashed the firmware given in Maximus thread, then the TWRP given and still, I get problems with my sdcard not mounting?

tivofool
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeyC View Post
All of these steps work for me except flashing the recovery as a ZIP. I get the wrong CID error (code 42 if i remember correctly). Thing is, I flash the .img directly usign fastboot flash recovery and that works but then the install process says, in android, transfer ROM. At this point, I don't have access to the SD card and the ROM is not in my sd card (it was wiped anyway?)

*EDIT*
Ok I changed my CID to 1111111 and now it works to flash the firmware. I still get partitions errors it seems though.

What I did is flash the stock recovery, clear storage, factory reset, reflashed the firmware given in Maximus thread, then the TWRP given and still, I get problems with my sdcard not mounting?
if you are talking about mounting usb storage in recovery, then no, you cannot do that on Maximus HD rom. (it's a modified TWRP to work on the new firmware)

You can sideload in TWRP or ADB push the rom to your sdcard.
I would give you a link to a page describing it, but search is unavailable right now, have to try later.

But just search that thread with keyword sideload. There you will find the exact commands to load the rom onto your sdcard.
The Following User Says Thank You to tivofool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GabeyC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivofool View Post
if you are talking about mounting usb storage in recovery, then no, you cannot do that on Maximus HD rom. (it's a modified TWRP to work on the new firmware)

You can sideload in TWRP or ADB push the rom to your sdcard.
I would give you a link to a page describing it, but search is unavailable right now, have to try later.

But just search that thread with keyword sideload. There you will find the exact commands to load the rom onto your sdcard.
Yea, that's exactly what I ended up doing... it's not clear on any thread though...

Thanks

I went back to CM, didn't like maximus so much and it didn't fix my EDGE only problem so