No registration required

Vertu Ti theme

OP genyc

22nd February 2013, 07:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
More
Is there any chance we could get the icons and the clock widget of the Vertu Ti?
7th April 2013, 12:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
That is, if anyone is willing to shell out 5K on a phone just for the sole purpose of extracting .apks from it.
7th April 2013, 04:41 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
If you guys tell me how I can extract the apks.
7th April 2013, 06:35 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 23

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaranE

If you guys tell me how I can extract the apks.

If u have a Ti(obviously),then first i think u need to get it Rooted (sometimes stock recovery does it too)in order to extract a widget that came preinstalled,then after u root it,use root explorer to go to system/app and then look out for the widget.apk's ..

Similarly,for the icons,look for the app in system/app(using root explorer, and then copy the .apk to ur sd card,put the file on ur desktop,rename it as a zip file,extract it .
Then go to the folder called res,then drawable-hdpi and all icons will be there in .png format.
But all this is useless if u havent got it rooted,because I think u wouldn't risk to lose warranty on such a phone..
Hope this helps
10th April 2013, 07:59 PM   |  #5  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordemort

If u have a Ti(obviously),then first i think u need to get it Rooted (sometimes stock recovery does it too)in order to extract a widget that came preinstalled,then after u root it,use root explorer to go to system/app and then look out for the widget.apk's ..

Similarly,for the icons,look for the app in system/app(using root explorer, and then copy the .apk to ur sd card,put the file on ur desktop,rename it as a zip file,extract it .
Then go to the folder called res,then drawable-hdpi and all icons will be there in .png format.
But all this is useless if u havent got it rooted,because I think u wouldn't risk to lose warranty on such a phone..
Hope this helps

It helps, though there's no root solution as of now. I don't know where to start for the root, technical support won't help. Neither will the internet. There's already a topic on XDA but no solutions.
11th April 2013, 01:00 AM   |  #6  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 660

561 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think you don't need root for this.
Enable USB debugging, install phone drivers to your computer, then do adb pull /system/ path-to-dump-folder.
26th April 2013, 08:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag Geylang
Thanks Meter: 72

623 posts
More
interesting...
9th February 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #8  

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGone\RU

I think you don't need root for this.
Enable USB debugging, install phone drivers to your computer, then do adb pull /system/ path-to-dump-folder.

I've yet to find appropriate drivers to connect to ADB. Whatever I do the phone also connects the MTP at the same time even if PTP is chosen. Any help would be much appreciated as I'd also like to backup the device via ADB. With the latest updates the phone is now running 4.2.2.
9th February 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #9  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 2,549

1,687 posts
Donate to Me
More
If I am not wrong, Root explorer does work on non-rooted phone.

you can access the /system partition for copying stuffs. (as you can understand without root it will only work in 'read only' mode).
27th April 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #10  

6 posts
Hi,
I was able to root my Ti using farmaroot just google it fairly simple method. You can also unroot to with this tool which is a plus. But I would like to know how do I access its recovery? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread