Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Vertu Ti theme

Tip us?

genyc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Vertu Ti theme

Is there any chance we could get the icons and the clock widget of the Vertu Ti?

blakegriplingph
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
That is, if anyone is willing to shell out 5K on a phone just for the sole purpose of extracting .apks from it.
Current device: Lenovo A369i | Generic Allwinner A13 tablet (Q88)

BaranE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you guys tell me how I can extract the apks.

Lordemort
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaranE View Post
If you guys tell me how I can extract the apks.
If u have a Ti(obviously),then first i think u need to get it Rooted (sometimes stock recovery does it too)in order to extract a widget that came preinstalled,then after u root it,use root explorer to go to system/app and then look out for the widget.apk's ..

Similarly,for the icons,look for the app in system/app(using root explorer, and then copy the .apk to ur sd card,put the file on ur desktop,rename it as a zip file,extract it .
Then go to the folder called res,then drawable-hdpi and all icons will be there in .png format.
But all this is useless if u havent got it rooted,because I think u wouldn't risk to lose warranty on such a phone..
Hope this helps

BaranE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordemort View Post
If u have a Ti(obviously),then first i think u need to get it Rooted (sometimes stock recovery does it too)in order to extract a widget that came preinstalled,then after u root it,use root explorer to go to system/app and then look out for the widget.apk's ..

Similarly,for the icons,look for the app in system/app(using root explorer, and then copy the .apk to ur sd card,put the file on ur desktop,rename it as a zip file,extract it .
Then go to the folder called res,then drawable-hdpi and all icons will be there in .png format.
But all this is useless if u havent got it rooted,because I think u wouldn't risk to lose warranty on such a phone..
Hope this helps
It helps, though there's no root solution as of now. I don't know where to start for the root, technical support won't help. Neither will the internet. There's already a topic on XDA but no solutions.

NeverGone\RU
Old
Thanks Meter 657

DONATE TO ME
I think you don't need root for this.
Enable USB debugging, install phone drivers to your computer, then do adb pull /system/ path-to-dump-folder.

jtdc
Old
Thanks Meter 71
interesting...
LG-D820 & ME571K on KTU84P
Sony D2005 on 4.3
A1395 on iOS 7.0.4 | A1432 on iOS 7.1.1

BaranE
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGone\RU View Post
I think you don't need root for this.
Enable USB debugging, install phone drivers to your computer, then do adb pull /system/ path-to-dump-folder.

I've yet to find appropriate drivers to connect to ADB. Whatever I do the phone also connects the MTP at the same time even if PTP is chosen. Any help would be much appreciated as I'd also like to backup the device via ADB. With the latest updates the phone is now running 4.2.2.

brajesh.sharma87
Old
Thanks Meter 1845

DONATE TO ME
If I am not wrong, Root explorer does work on non-rooted phone.

you can access the /system partition for copying stuffs. (as you can understand without root it will only work in 'read only' mode).

mhaque
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
I was able to root my Ti using farmaroot just google it fairly simple method. You can also unroot to with this tool which is a plus. But I would like to know how do I access its recovery? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks