FORUMS

Just Got T-Mo G2, 4.4.2, Strange issues, Wifi Calling

118 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By Bacardi222, Senior Member on 22nd February 2014, 12:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys, this is actually a post regarding my mom's LG G2 we just got for her. We switched from Sprint and got this in the mail. I was excited to handle a new device as usual and was surprised to learn that it already had the Kitkat update. I soon discovered that outbound Wifi-Calling calls would not work at all, however SMS send/receive as well as receiving calls over Wifi worked just fine. There are no error messages associated with the Wifi calling, it will say connecting when dialing a call and then say call ended after about one second. I did some digging around and learned that T-mobile has not actually released 4.4.2 for the LG G2 so I assume that this may be related to the issue, considering the Wifi calling framework is something they add over Android. I assume that the phone my mom received has some sort of test build on it or something? Maybe you guys can help me out with it. T Mobile support were friendly but basically useless in getting this problem resolved, and said that the outbound calls is a known issue for this phone. I suspect that may be BS but maybe not.

Here's some info about the phone under software information:

baseband: M8974A-AAAANAZM-1.0.190034

kernel 3.4

Build JDQ39B

Software version: D80110g

Does any of this look familiar? Is this some sort of testing build? I may just try and send the phone back and get one with a more stable 4.3 if possible.

Thanks for any help or information you can provide.

22nd February 2014, 12:47 AM |#2  
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,686

Donate to Me
More
That's 4.2.2 not 4.4.2
All the build numbers you posted except the 4.4.2 refer to 4.2.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)