Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Quality control problems with the frame?

OP Rinneh

13th February 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Recently i received my Xperia Z1C White. After some careful checking (that happens when you are a techy) i noticed that the frame bends slightly inwards at the back side. I made a small example of what i mean on a photo. The problem is. If you can press those parts of the frame inwards, what happens with the waterproof seal between that part of the frame and the plastic bezel on top of this? Is this the case with every Xperia Z1C or is this a rare problem?

I suspect this also is the reason why you can hear a sound while pressing the screen slightly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v11.jpg
Views:	1160
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	2577645  
13th February 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 89

483 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinneh

Recently i received my Xperia Z1C White. After some careful checking (that happens when you are a techy) i noticed that the frame bends slightly inwards at the back side. I made a small example of what i mean on a photo. The problem is. If you can press those parts of the frame inwards, what happens with the waterproof seal between that part of the frame and the plastic bezel on top of this? Is this the case with every Xperia Z1C or is this a rare problem?

I suspect this also is the reason why you can hear a sound while pressing the screen slightly.

Same on my phone, but only the charging port side, and my phone squeaks too.
13th February 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 51

424 posts
More
Me too - i can also press the frame inward. Oh my god, im a bit confused now...lets hope everything is ok and water is no problem for that...

*EDIT* But i have to say that this also is an issue to find on my Z1 !
Last edited by SirRobin78; 13th February 2014 at 10:35 PM.
14th February 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

16 posts
Had a bit of convex shape on the back, barely noticeable. Hairdryer and pressing did the trick.
And no, don't be too harsh to the phone.
Glue seems to be unequally applicated.
Made in China after all.
14th February 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 19

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't know why, but it doesn't seems any problem with my white phone.
14th February 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I wonder hwo wide spread or problematic this is. On a normal phone this wouldnt be a problem at all. But on a waterproof phone every error can be a problem.
15th February 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Mine seems to have the same microscopic gap on the back around the docking port.

I dunked it in a bowl of water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Took it out, dried it off - no problems.
15th February 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #8  
Flag Belfast, UK
Thanks Meter: 182

215 posts
Donate to Me
More
The back of mine flexes when pressed hard in the center, but there are no gaps at the edges (even when pressed)
18th February 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 44

391 posts
Is this something they'd accept a warranty replacement for? Where do you go about requesting such?
18th February 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrarrow

Is this something they'd accept a warranty replacement for? Where do you go about requesting such?

I think no warranty on this, they will probably consider it normal.

The problem with high precision designed devices like this and iphones is, that if something is a bit off you notice it easier.

I do regret it a bit that i didnt exchange it within the 7 days that it is possible to exchange a product after buying it in holland. But if it is widespread, then the case of a phone without the flexing frame/misaligned frame would be very small.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread