I UPDATED my rooted Kitkat Tesco version SUCCESFULLY!
Originally Posted by Papshmir
i would so much like to update my rooted moto g.. because of my card reader.
does anyone know a step-by-step-for-complete-noobs-post and could provide a link?
i'm just starting.. and so happy and proud that i got my phone rooted.. and that i got rid of this rebooting problem by erasing the cache.
but i'm already lost when i read "flashed stock recovery".. yeah i know: that much noob!
help would be much appreciated!
and still rooted.
What I did:
1. install Motorola Device Manager (RESTART computer and telephone)
2. downloaded MotoTool
3. Made a Nandroid backup in CMW, made a backup with MotoTool too. Just in case
And deactived (did not uninstall) my Xposed framework modules (if you dont have it, you dont need to)
I have some system apps disabled, but didnt re-activate it. :P (was too lazy haha)
4. downloaded the correct ROM from: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14
(Tesco UK 4.4.2)
5. unzipped the ROM and rename and overwrite the recovery.img to the exact name as in the MotoTool All In One 2.6\Data\KitKat\StockKitKatrecovery.img (Just for sure it's the same as my ROM, I dont know if all the ROMs have the same recovery sooo
6. started MotoTool, unplug&replug device. Checked KitKat option in the program, did a connection check, it was okay. Did a NORMAL restart via progam. You have to grant permisson on your phone.
7. after reboot, rebooted the phone to FASTBOOT.
8. Checked Stock Fastboot in the program, it flashed succesfully. Then I went into recovery (1×down volume, then 1× up volume) checked if the recovery was working. It was working (android logo+ no command error message)
9. reboot (long press power button)
10. Updeted OTA, settings/inf./update.. blabla okay okay next next. Wait until it downloads (only 7.9 MB
11. wait for the update to be done, then it reboots, then apps are being updated. Everything looks fine and working
+1 flash CMW or other recovery again.
Hope this helps! I was afraid to do it too. I'm not used to MotoTool and other Motorola stuff because I had a HTC Desire, it was much simplier with that. But no risk here either! Good luck!