5,603,981 Members 43,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] RocketTab 3.1 flash problem

Tip us?
 
BoatUser
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] RocketTab 3.1 flash problem

I must first say THANK YOU ALL (gr8nole, phil13 , jamison904 and many many more,sorry for not mentioning you) for so much useful information and development on all aspects of the Samsung tab 3 7.0 (SMT210, SMT210R)

I was wondering what I am doing wrong?????????/

Rooted SMT210, with prerooted.tar.md5 from jamison904, flashed philz_touch 6 CWM recovery, then tried everything to flash rom NO success, as the error is constantWith cwm(philz_touch 6) recovery, Odin3.07, Hiemdall under raring 13.04).

Tried on both linux and windows 7 machines. (Download checked and md5 ok)

Format () expects5 args, got 4
(status 7)
Installation aborted

Any ideas would be gratefully received

My aim is to achieve BlackHauwk Kernel, RocketTab Rom +++
 
Ripshock
Old
#2  
Ripshock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 482
Join Date: Dec 2013
Uncheck the update binary thing in philz touch 6 cmw recovery it's in install zip

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
 
BoatUser
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
Uncheck the update binary thing in philz touch 6 cmw recovery it's in install zip

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
I don't seem to have found this, and have checked most of the settings, am a novice with android but as a geriatric can use linux, so terminal is also no prob.
 
Ripshock
Old
#4  
Ripshock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 482
Join Date: Dec 2013
What is your device model?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
 
BoatUser
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
What is your device model?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Model is SM T210, Tab3 7.0 (Uk purchased)
 
Ripshock
Old
#6  
Ripshock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 482
Join Date: Dec 2013
1. Reboot to recovery
2. Tap on "install zip"
3. Scroll down (swipe up) and there is "don't allow old update-binary", it is check by default and you just uncheck it bay tapping once on it
P.s it resets when rebooting
4. Install any zip you want

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
 
BoatUser
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
SO Model SMT210 and 6860, 04e8
 
BoatUser
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
1. Reboot to recovery
2. Tap on "install zip"
3. Scroll down (swipe up) and there is "don't allow old update-binary", it is check by default and you just uncheck it bay tapping once on it
P.s it resets when rebooting
4. Install any zip you want

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
You are an apsolute super star it worked a treat, thank you soo much.

I have spent alot of time as a newbie in this world, looking at various options, most of which are confusing to most people (me included) so after I have done a couple of other devices I was thinking of posting an Idiots guide.

Should I post it? and if yes Where should I post it
 
Ripshock
Old
#9  
Ripshock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 482
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatUser View Post
You are an apsolute super star it worked a treat, thank you soo much.

I have spent alot of time as a newbie in this world, looking at various options, most of which are confusing to most people (me included) so after I have done a couple of other devices I was thinking of posting an Idiots guide.

Should I post it? and if yes Where should I post it
In q&a, I would post

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
 
BoatUser
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
In q&a, I would post

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
Thank you

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more

Lucid Browser is Small, Lightweight, and Open Source

If there is one application category that certainly isn’t lacking in Android,and … more