Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 not charging when battery is flat

Tip us?

robandriod
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 not charging when battery is flat

Hi,

I know this may be covered but I am getting frustated and need to speak to the experts

I have a galaxy tab 3 which the battery has now totally discharged, so I go to charge it and nothing happens at all. But when I plug into my PC, its starts to charge showing the battery icon with the small timer, then charges with the blue progress and then stops as if the cable has been disconnected. But if I leave a few seconds, it will go through the same process and am getting a little frustrated in my it won't charge. I have used various USB plug adaptors and the only time I get some joy is when I plug it into the PC.

Please help?!

Thanks

ReeceWyld
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Actually i've found it quite peculiar that the tab 3 doesn't charge with some adapters, even if they are the same voltage output etc. For instance my blackberry charger, same size, spec etc charges the tab 3 for about 30 seconds then stops.

My theory is the converter in the original charger adapter head. I could be wrong. But if you aren't using the original usb adapter head for the tab then it might not charge properly. If you ARE using the original (i noticed you said the usb works) then maybe the adapter head is damaged some how. If so then seek a replacement charger.

If it comes down to the tab itself. There had been reports of people returning tab 3's because they wouldn't charge. And most customer service reps said they just performed a battery pull. I'm not suggesting you try to open it up but if you haven't voided the warranty, try seeking service rep's assistance and see if the battery pull does the trick.