Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best sound mod and camera app? Non-Sense ROMS

Tip us?

Goatshaver
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Best sound mod and camera app? Non-Sense ROMS

So I love the stock Android roms without Sense but I really can't seem to get great audio like I do out of a Sense ROM with Beats. So what have you found for a sound mod that is just as great as the Beats audio?

Also any camera recommendations? I'm not so fond of the stock Google camrea.

xnknown
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatshaver View Post
So I love the stock Android roms without Sense but I really can't seem to get great audio like I do out of a Sense ROM with Beats. So what have you found for a sound mod that is just as great as the Beats audio?

You can try sound explosion final by doc3000, it works for cm11

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:

The Sense camera is simply the best. But on CM11, with altered DSP settings, I get better sound than what I get on Sense. Try all the presets and see which you find to be the best.

trjlive
Old
(Last edited by trjlive; 21st February 2014 at 11:06 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1581

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

On Google Play Edition (GPE) ROMs, I use Project ERA (formerly PureXAudio). The current version, 13.2, sounds really good through headphone and also over bluetooth to my Bose BT-Speaker.

You don't mention if by "without Sense" you are meaning GPE or AOSP (CM) based. They are two different things, AOSP-specific audio mods generally won't work on GPE and GPE audio mods won't work on AOSP. Project ERA works on Sense and GPE, but not on AOSP.

As for a camera app, I use Camera FV-5. It offers so many DSLR-like controls, including bracketing, exposure, metering, and more. Also great in full-auto mode for quick snaps.
Nexus 5 (white), 16GB, AT&T LTE, Stock Android 4.4.4 KTU84P, Xposed + GravityBox
Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB, WiFi, Stock Android 4.4.4 KTU84P, Xposed + GravityBox
I don't respond to support requests via DMs. Please keep all support issues in the open forums, where they can benefit all users.

Goatshaver
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for the responses!
@trjlive - Since I'm super CID, really any non-sense rom has to been quite the same. I'll definitely check out project ERA. Also that camera looks awesome! I'll try that out to!! I'm a photo junkie so I want a great functioning camera.