No registration required

[Q] Best sound mod and camera app? Non-Sense ROMS

OP Goatshaver

21st February 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

82 posts
More
So I love the stock Android roms without Sense but I really can't seem to get great audio like I do out of a Sense ROM with Beats. So what have you found for a sound mod that is just as great as the Beats audio?

Also any camera recommendations? I'm not so fond of the stock Google camrea.
21st February 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 21

176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatshaver

So I love the stock Android roms without Sense but I really can't seem to get great audio like I do out of a Sense ROM with Beats. So what have you found for a sound mod that is just as great as the Beats audio?

You can try sound explosion final by doc3000, it works for cm11
21st February 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

459 posts
More
Quote:

The Sense camera is simply the best. But on CM11, with altered DSP settings, I get better sound than what I get on Sense. Try all the presets and see which you find to be the best.
21st February 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles / Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,077

1,761 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

On Google Play Edition (GPE) ROMs, I use Project ERA (formerly PureXAudio). The current version, 13.2, sounds really good through headphone and also over bluetooth to my Bose BT-Speaker.

You don't mention if by "without Sense" you are meaning GPE or AOSP (CM) based. They are two different things, AOSP-specific audio mods generally won't work on GPE and GPE audio mods won't work on AOSP. Project ERA works on Sense and GPE, but not on AOSP.

As for a camera app, I use Camera FV-5. It offers so many DSLR-like controls, including bracketing, exposure, metering, and more. Also great in full-auto mode for quick snaps.
Last edited by trjlive; 21st February 2014 at 12:06 PM.
22nd February 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

82 posts
More
Thanks for the responses!
@trjlive - Since I'm super CID, really any non-sense rom has to been quite the same. I'll definitely check out project ERA. Also that camera looks awesome! I'll try that out to!! I'm a photo junkie so I want a great functioning camera.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread